Interesting read on owner of SOLGW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So I was looking at buying another rifle and heard good things about SOLGW so was doing a little research. They make a big deal about supporting LE so I thought my mind was made up. Then I find this. Anyone else heard about this? Seems to be confirmed. Anybody who would do that and say that about his mother is garbage in my opinion. All the anti police rhetoric aside, I can’t give money to someone like that.

https://www.ksat.com/news/defenders...ry-of-threats-violence-against-sapd-officers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    To each his own I guess. It’s a no go for me. Supporting the 2nd amendment while beating your mom really doesn’t mean much. I like how in his response he spent time plugging his product while apologizing

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Don’t go looking into other companies then. There is a lot of drama in the gun industry.

Where they talk about roasting their mom in hell? Where they brag about being friends of a guy who murdered police officers? Not believing that but ok

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    No disagreement there, There is always drama, that doesn’t bother me or surprise me. The details of this guy is on another level.

if i had to guess he was under the influance of some bad drugs.. lol... I really hate to say this but i agree with dave_m:noes: i know right lol... But every major and minor 2A company has done some crappy stuff.. Look at daniel defense, colt, remington, heck even dicks, walmart, target ect.. and we still use the products ect. Guess what im saying is you make up your mind on where the line in the sand is... what matters alot to some people, matters not to others...I know the old song you gotta stand for somthing or your fall for anything...

but then again i have also said some pretty crude stuff to people i love or close to me in my younger days, just glad i didnt say it public and have to do a public appoligy lol

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Gosh dang. That dude is mental huh?
    Sons of Liberty
    Sons of Guns.... not really a parallel but first thing I thought of was old Will when I read the article. Yeah, completely different set of circumstances, I know.
    Thanks for the post Motor.

Tell you guys who’s low drama and great builders is Bad Rock. Not AR based rifles but I’ve bought 2 of their rifles and handled both transactions over the phone with some of the nicest people I’ve ever spoken with. I sure hope I don’t find out later that anyone involved behaves like the loser in question. It would definitely taint my future business dealings with them.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    if i had to guess he was under the influance of some bad drugs.. lol... I really hate to say this but i agree with dave_m:noes: i know right lol... But every major and minor 2A company has done some crappy stuff.. Look at daniel defense, colt, remington, heck even dicks, walmart, target ect.. and we still use the products ect. Guess what im saying is you make up your mind on where the line in the sand is... what matters alot to some people, matters not to others...I know the old song you gotta stand for somthing or your fall for anything...

but then again i have also said some pretty crude stuff to people i love or close to me in my younger days, just glad i didnt say it public and have to do a public appoligy lol

Once again, I’m not shocked/disgusted at the “controversy”, it’s the details. I think the majority of companies you listed made horrible business decisions as a company, I’m talking about one individual and his personal decisions. If you believe he has changed and want to support his company then that’s your right, I’ll spend money elsewhere. I was just curious if others had seen the stuff he had said and done because I have seen their rifles recommended on here before. We have all made mistakes and talked back to parents etc, the details of his statements as an adult on his 20’s is far more than juvenile outburst.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom