Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    3 wheelers BANNED!

    I’m sure a few folks here remember when it happened. I hung onto my 125S and a minty 1985 Big Red 250 ES until around 2006, when I finally drank the quad kool aid. The official ban started in 1988 and ended in 1998, but the Jap industry agreed to not build them anymore.
    Anyway, I found this vid to be an interesting testament to how our government attempts to save us from ourselves and how the whole process works. It also shines a little light on a few other fallacies regarding the ban itself. Some of you might find much of it rings a familiar bell here in the present.

    Many have proposed that it’s just a matter of time before there is similar action taken regarding ATV’s/Quads/4wheelers. The consumer groups and others have been lobbying for quite some time.


    https://youtu.be/a_C8z0rFnjk
    Last edited by Magdump; January 6th, 2021 at 08:49 AM.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

  2. #2
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I had a Honda 110 when I was a kid, it was great at building character lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

  3. #3
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Never liked them,To gayee for me,Give me an off-road bike everyday of the week,

    Now if a golf-cart was out there that could go as well as a Honda Rancher???
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  4. #4
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Toward the end of the video they show the stats for quad related injuries and deaths. I’m wondering where’s the outcry for a ban now. Maybe someone learned that it’s not the vehicle but the driver? (Not the gun but the shooter)
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

  5. #5
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Toward the end of the video they show the stats for quad related injuries and deaths. I’m wondering where’s the outcry for a ban now. Maybe someone learned that it’s not the vehicle but the driver? (Not the gun but the shooter)
    Qne of my many brothers almost cut his ear completely off climbing a hill when it flipped over on him.

    Ear was hanging on just by the lobe,Oshner's was able to sew it back on...lol
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  6. #6
    Expert in the field of wife avoidance

    User Info Menu

    I had a 1986 ATC250SX (sporty version of the Big Red) that I kept until I bought a 300EX in 2006. I was personally amazed at how much more stable the quad was for trail riding (mostly in Norco and the Forest Hill area). After experiencing both, I wouldn't "sport ride" on a three wheeler again. I can't believe my parents let 17 year old me buy that thing. They had no idea how many times I had to bend the handle bars back into place...

    You are correct, it's the rider, not the bike. But when you push those ATV's to their limits, the advantages of the quads come out.

    I "retired" from all of that in 2012 or so. Most of my group sold their bikes, and none of us bounced back after a day of riding like we did 10 years earlier.
    USPSA #A74215


    Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

  7. #7
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Man, I used to love my old Big Red Three Wheelers. Sure, they could hurt you if not careful but as long as you watched your speed and how you used it they would go through most anything.
    SASS #84934

  8. #8
    Sic semper tyrannis

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I’m sure a few folks here remember when it happened. I hung onto my 125S and a minty 1985 Big Red 250 ES until around 2006, when I finally drank the quad kool aid. The official ban started in 1988 and ended in 1998, but the Jap industry agreed to not build them anymore.
    Anyway, I found this vid to be an interesting testament to how our government attempts to save us from ourselves and how the whole process works. It also shines a little light on a few other fallacies regarding the ban itself. Some of you might find much of it rings a familiar bell here in the present.

    Many have proposed that it’s just a matter of time before there is similar action taken regarding ATV’s/Quads/4wheelers. The consumer groups and others have been lobbying for quite some time.


    https://youtu.be/a_C8z0rFnjk
    This guy makes good videos. I have a klr650 and during my research of the platform I came across his channel. Im hooked. He breaks it down well and keeps me entertained with good info.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

    I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

  9. #9
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whbonney26 View Post
    Man, I used to love my old Big Red Three Wheelers. Sure, they could hurt you if not careful but as long as you watched your speed and how you used it they would go through most anything.
    Yeah, I gotta say, I could always traverse thick woods and creeks better on the Big Red better than any quad I’ve owned unless there were already trails cut. I could also float the Big Red across the Amite River and other creeks and such (off the bike) where I was raised but the quads were gonna find the bottom no matter what I was in.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

  10. #10
    Professional Amateur

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    There are several '85 and '86 model Big Reds in my family still running strong. I started out as a second grader with a ATC 70....None of the ones I ever had over the years decided to turn on me.

    Three wheelers were a good example of everyone being punished over misuse of a product.
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

    “Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •