Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

At the end of the video he insinuates that the manufacturing of 3 wheeler is to resume? Or am I misunderstanding?

Expert in the field of wife avoidance

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Yeah, I gotta say, I could always traverse thick woods and creeks better on the Big Red better than any quad I’ve owned unless there were already trails cut. I could also float the Big Red across the Amite River and other creeks and such (off the bike) where I was raised but the quads were gonna find the bottom no matter what I was in.
    Absolutely agree with thick woods comment. Nothing beat that 250 engine and tight turn radius in areas where there was no trail. Like pulling up to the dead deer so you didn't have to drag it 100 yards. I had smaller tires on mine. Front wouldn't float, even with me off of it.
    USPSA #A74215

Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davidd View Post
    Absolutely agree with thick woods comment. Nothing beat that 250 engine and tight turn radius in areas where there was no trail. Like pulling up to the dead deer so you didn't have to drag it 100 yards. I had smaller tires on mine. Front wouldn't float, even with me off of it.
    exactly why I went back to the balloon tires. I enjoyed the mudders for awhile then went right back to flotation tires when I saw the difference.

From earlier comment, most I know about the potential comeback of the 3 wheeler is what I’ve heard from people in the industry. The jap companies are all afraid to go there, given the history, but the ban has indeed been expired for nearly 20 years. The Jap big 4 or so kinda came to some samari/yakuza gentleman’s agreement to not go there, they feel like they don’t wanna push their luck while they’re still able to sell Americans all those 4 and 2 wheeled products. They are so smart that they know when you are dealing with our government you can’t have an odd wheel in the mix. Asians are smart like that. They don’t wanna mess up a good thing. No more three wheeled products for us unless can am or somebody builds one.
    Btw, those little cheapo fat wheeled mini bikes will do way more in the
    woods than most people think. I got the OD green one from Home Depot but here’s a blue one in action.

https://youtu.be/PBlm-oMJmoY
    Last edited by Magdump; January 6th, 2021 at 05:22 PM.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Call of Booty

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I had a 1985 ATC250R... It is only by the sheer grace of GOD that I made it out of the 80's and 90's alive.
    Looking for a little more time in the A zone.
    USPSA... it's like IDPA but with shooting

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Huntsman View Post
    I had a 1985 ATC250R... It is only by the sheer grace of GOD that I made it out of the 80's and 90's alive.
    Haha! You think you had it rough? Dude, I was a 70’s kid...
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

CoonAss

User Info Menu

I rode my Honda 200M(Wooly Boogers all around after someone stole my Rawhides) pretty hard until about 2000.
    Man that was a wheelie machine !
    Overkill is Underrated

User Info Menu

I grew up riding a Big Red 250 everywhere. Where I used to live, it was all dirt roads, fields and turn rows. All of us kids had some form of ATV and pretty much all of our father's farmed. Before we had licenses we would spend our days meeting up by driving our ATV's to each other's houses via dirt roads, trails through fields etc. I was the only one with a 3 wheeler but I was also the "fastest" of us, which suited my "lead thumb" just fine back then.

I look back on it now and I'm pretty amazed I never did get hurt on it. (Mainly due to my driving like a wild man) I jumped stuff with it, road like a bat out of hell, etc. I also took it into the woods on many a hunt, and as someone mentioned they were just absolutely awesome for tight conditions. I wish I still had that thing, lots of good memories from riding one.

Hunka Hunka burning lead.

User Info Menu

I have several Big Red 250es and pleasure ride for outdoor enjoyment. No hunting or mud bogging for this old geezer.
    I didn't fall off of the turnip truck.....I jumped!