Chaos in Washington D.C.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Interestingly enough, no BLM protesters were shot while throwing objects at Police and burning cities down.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Looks like the Police let them in......[video]https://www.facebook.com/samantha.weaver.98/videos/10220042195899424[/video]

Maybe they just wanted to corral the protesters to get shot at one. Yep, they were successful. :squint:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    To be fair, BLM protestors were not breaching barricaded areas of the Capitol Building either.
    No. You are correct. They were lodging objects at police, breaching baracades set up by police and breaking into businesses and setting buildings on fire. But it wasn’t the Capital building

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I lurked are read a bit here.

Lots of barricade talk... with the barricade being the line not to be crossed. What if the line are the steps next time? Or the landing? Grassy courtyards? Maybe the Northwest Dr/Southwest Dr. ring?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Lots of barricade talk... with the barricade being the line not to be crossed. What if the line are the steps next time? Or the landing? Grassy courtyards? Maybe the Northwest Dr/Southwest Dr. ring?

Then prepare to be shot and plan accordingly.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    To be fair, BLM protestors were not breaching barricaded areas of the Capitol Building either.

Uh oh ...someone said fair! That's where the candied apples and dunking booth is, right? Fair's ass! Fair in this matter is strictly a mathematical term. In an AI computation there is zero chance that lethal force would not be suggested as a 1st tier selection to subdue the multitude of violent behaviors wildly displayed at many of the BLM protests. Fire is most deadly as I recall most recently on 9/11 and the use of it for horrific carnage is the basis of design for numerous wartime weapons. The statistics we're able to record to memory in our finite brains by simply observing snippits of BLM video footage and sound bites will cause even a 1st rate simpleton like me to question why such violent suggestions and actions are tolerated. Why do you think so many of us continue to observe this trend in dumbstruck awe of what's being passed off as peaceful? In my ideal America, setting ablaze an occupied (innocent Americans) building in Portland is most assuredly NOT a meaureably lesser assault on democracy. Worse, it's being normalized and will certainly propel into ruin what remains of our pitiful society. There's not one swinging dick in that building that was fearful of that woman prior to her rash murder. They were afraid of the lack of control, being caught with their panties down. The officer killed her to control a situation which was so pitifully poorly managed that it boggles the mind. They weren't following a protocol, they were following fear brought on by **** poor planning. Believe you me, they ALL know it today, and forevermore. Slacker, losers should have to do foot patrol in the Westwood mall for the rest of their lives.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Uh oh ...someone said fair! That's where the candied apples and dunking booth is, right? Fair's ass! Fair in this matter is strictly a mathematical term. In an AI computation there is zero chance that lethal force would not be suggested as a 1st tier selection to subdue the multitude of violent behaviors wildly displayed at many of the BLM protests. Fire is most deadly as I recall most recently on 9/11 and the use of it for horrific carnage is the basis of design for numerous wartime weapons. The statistics we're able to record to memory in our finite brains by simply observing snippits of BLM video footage and sound bites will cause even a 1st rate simpleton like me to question why such violent suggestions and actions are tolerated. Why do you think so many of us continue to observe this trend in dumbstruck awe of what's being passed off as peaceful? In my ideal America, setting ablaze an occupied (innocent Americans) building in Portland is most assuredly NOT a meaureably lesser assault on democracy. Worse, it's being normalized and will certainly propel into ruin what remains of our pitiful society. There's not one swinging dick in that building that was fearful of that woman prior to her rash murder. They were afraid of the lack of control, being caught with their panties down. The officer killed her to control a situation which was so pitifully poorly managed that it boggles the mind. They weren't following a protocol, they were following fear brought on by **** poor planning. Believe you me, they ALL know it today, and forevermore. Slacker, losers should have to do foot patrol in the Westwood mall for the rest of their lives.

I knew I should have said "To play devil's advocate."

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's a long watch, but Scott Adams has a very interesting take on recent events. In short, someone needed to "tap on the shoulder of the government" and say "hey, this isn't right."

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1347196380700282880

I'd like to hear comments on his take, but please, watch this (or at least the part about the capital incident) before replying. This has nothing to do with inciting violence and everything to do with the government being responsive to the governed.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

You're asking a hypothetical based on a set of conditions not present in the current discussion. In the capital, the doorway was barricaded. The "line" was a physical barrier. You could not accidentally cross the barrier. You could only cross the barrier if you intended to cross the barrier. Neither steps nor a landing nor a courtyard nor a street compare to the physical barrier present in that doorway. A similar comparison with respect to the different types of lines would be to look at your front door versus your yard. They are both lines but, unless you have a fence at the edge of your yard, only one of them is a physical barrier.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Devil's advocate be damned, there's more than enough of them out there playing that role. That was someone's kid. No one here (none decent) would be willing to tell her Dad -your daughter's butter slipped off her toast in the heat of the moment and she got what was coming to her.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    You're asking a hypothetical based on a set of conditions not present in the current discussion. In the capital, the doorway was barricaded. The "line" was a physical barrier. You could not accidentally cross the barrier. You could only cross the barrier if you intended to cross the barrier. Neither steps nor a landing nor a courtyard nor a street compare to the physical barrier present in that doorway. A similar comparison with respect to the different types of lines would be to look at your front door versus your yard. They are both lines but, unless you have a fence at the edge of your yard, only one of them is a physical barrier.
    So, I get to shoot someone if the jump my fence?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom