Chaos in Washington D.C.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Because Harris supports having people protesting in the streets as long as they are mostly peaceful and, evidently, aren't Conservatives, and don't support Trump based on her comments about the DC protestors.

*Nothing that we have achieved that has been about progress, in particular around civil rights, has come without a fight, and so I always am going to interpret these protests as an essential component of evolution in our country — as an essential component or mark of a real democracy,* the California senator said during an interview held as part of the NAACP’s national convention Friday, which was held virtually because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Protests were *necessary,* the Democratic candidate for Vice President said, as *the people’s voices must be heard, and it is often the people who must speak to get their government to do what it is supposed to do, but may not do naturally unless the people speak loudly — and obviously peacefully.*

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    So, a lot of good discussion and varying opinions on this.

I just saw this video, so thought that I would post it as I hadn't seen this particular video yet. Apologies if this has already been posted

Video shows moments leading up to fatal Capitol shooting on Jan. 6 (washingtonpost.com)

Given the violent nature of this mob, the officers behind the door had a reasonable fear of grievous bodily harm for themselves and the officials they were protecting. It was also better to fire upon the first one to enter instead of waiting for the rest to enter. After ignoring all warnings not to enter, the mob complied only after a shot was fired.
    Ironically, the shooting of one of the mob saved the rest of them from themselves.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I just saw this video, so thought that I would post it as I hadn't seen this particular video yet. Apologies if this has already been posted

Video shows moments leading up to fatal Capitol shooting on Jan. 6 (washingtonpost.com)

This is the first video I saw that had the police blocking the door. All of the other videos started after the police had left this side of the doorway. It looks like not everyone had been ushered through the secret tunnels to the flower shop when the mob attempted to enter the barricaded area. I didn't hear anything to indicate why the police on this side of the doorway left.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    This is the first video I saw that had the police blocking the door. All of the other videos started after the police had left this side of the doorway. It looks like not everyone had been ushered through the secret tunnels to the flower shop when the mob attempted to enter the barricaded area. I didn't hear anything to indicate why the police on this side of the doorway left.

Seems as if the mob literally just talked them into stepping aside.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Seems as if the mob literally just talked them into stepping aside.

There is one video of a single LEO opening the barricade outside and waving people in. The other video I saw were protestors/rioters basically threatening to harm LE so they backed off and the gate was moved.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    There is one video of a single LEO opening the barricade outside and waving people in. The other video I saw were protestors/rioters basically threatening to harm LE so they backed off and the gate was moved.

I saw it. I think he’s going to be unemployed soon.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Thanks for that vid. It’s much as I thought. It appears that her position at the door very possibly prevented her from seeing arms and gun extended from a doorway. Trying to see through broken glass and people at nearly a 90 degree angle, even if she was looking in the shooter’s direction, I doubt she saw him. He shot her the very second she was perched in the window frame of the door with both feet. It’s possible that her head had not even crossed the threshold before the shot. Once the shooter made forward movement he did not pause. He moved forward to get the shot then retreated. No pause.
    I’m sure none of that matters though. I don’t believe that shoot will ever be up for review or investigation.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Given the violent nature of this mob, the officers behind the door had a reasonable fear of grievous bodily harm for themselves and the officials they were protecting. It was also better to fire upon the first one to enter instead of waiting for the rest to enter. After ignoring all warnings not to enter, the mob complied only after a shot was fired.
    Ironically, the shooting of one of the mob saved the rest of them from themselves.

Violent nature? Yeah that brutality against a couple "sacred glass windows", a killer mob from waaay back to be sure! On one point, I agree. The armed officers behind the doors must have been infinitely more fearful than the unarmed officers standing within inches of the glass breaking all around them. And, using their spidey senses the guys behind the doors were certain about the mob's intentions for inflicting grievous bodily harm, although the guys in front of the doors appeared calm and conversational. Or maybe the guys with guns asked the guys without guns to step aside so they could get a swift, clear "message sending, crowd controlling" shot on the first of the mob to dare breach the sacred door(s). Or, maybe the guys without guns standing in front of the doors were wearing boxers and the guys with guns standing behind the doors were wearing panties. We'll never know due to don't ask, don't tell. Bottom line, someone's daughter was murdered and she paid the price with her life for an untimely display of outrage which I believe represents a massive segment of American sentiment. I saw breaking glass -criminal mishchief, failing to follow orders, trespassing, several felonious acts but none where the death penalty would be an proper punishment. The murderer is a pro -raised and fired with precision, and likely won't miss a wink tonight. YMMV

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    https://www.adn.com/nation-world/20...ro-trump-rioter-ashli-babbitt-in-the-capitol/

This site has a pretty good summary of the Washington Post's video. It seems that not only was the guy with the gun in plain sight, people on the mob side of the door even let everyone know there was someone with a gun on the other side of the barricade. Before the woman attempted to climb across the barricade, both middle windows had been pulled out of the doors, giving her a pretty clear view of the guy with the gun. Maybe she just thought the guy was bluffing.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Violent nature? Yeah that brutality against a couple "sacred glass windows", a killer mob from waaay back to be sure! On one point, I agree. The armed officers behind the doors must have been infinitely more fearful than the unarmed officers standing within inches of the glass breaking all around them. And, using their spidey senses the guys behind the doors were certain about the mob's intentions for inflicting grievous bodily harm, although the guys in front of the doors appeared calm and conversational. Or maybe the guys with guns asked the guys without guns to step aside so they could get a swift, clear "message sending, crowd controlling" shot on the first of the mob to dare breach the sacred door(s). Or, maybe the guys without guns standing in front of the doors were wearing boxers and the guys with guns standing behind the doors were wearing panties. We'll never know due to don't ask, don't tell. Bottom line, someone's daughter was murdered and she paid the price with her life for an untimely display of outrage which I believe represents a massive segment of American sentiment. I saw breaking glass -criminal mishchief, failing to follow orders, trespassing, several felonious acts but none where the death penalty would be an proper punishment. The murderer is a pro -raised and fired with precision, and likely won't miss a wink tonight. YMMV

Yes, breaking windows while threatening people and charging into an unauthorized area is violence! One of them was punching the glass right next to the heads of two guards. Are you saying that you would not have feared for your life in that situation? Self defense does not constitute a death penalty.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Watching CNN at gym during cardio sucks. They lie like crazy: they have no morals, shame, or ethics. It's embarrassing. They are just slinging poo to keep all of us law abiding folks quiet until our proxy leader Biden can assume power. Nothing to see..

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

So if a violent mob breaks into your house you will ask them to wait while you order chicken for everyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom