Chaos in Washington D.C.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Id put money on the individual inside the chambers, saw the rifle of the approaching LEO and shot. I have mixed feelings towards how they handled the barricading of the door to the chambers and had weapons drawn through the door windows. Understand, I wasnt there either. But there were several live streams that were near or in this part of the building leading to or right after the shooting took place. There was no overly violent actions that I could see, nor were there any weapons (firearms) obviously the flag pole could be a weapon. I also note, from what I can tell, the window to the door was already busted, outward. toward the crowd. Just a detail I found interesting and worth noting.

Either way, staged or not. Encouraged by paid actors or spontaneous. This gave the left what they wanted. It WAS NEVER going to be the expected "V for Vendetta" march. That wouldn't be allowed. The people marching on and occupying landmarks of authority is, imho, an important action that has taken place numerous times throughout our history. Just recently, we saw a near identical march in Virginia. Chants and standing in place, peacefully worked in some extent there. I dont see the lack of preplanning or deployment of troops as an obvious sign of willful neglect or orchestrated outcome. A 'right wing' protest doesn't react in a violent manner. Its not a typical outcome. Those reading this may scream at that comment as politics, but there are realities that me must finally start to understand.
    The reality is, one side has been in a state of war for years. It is hard to fathom there would be peace when the opposition decides to finally stand up. They made more "riot" related arrest and deaths in the last 24hrs in DC than they had in weeks of nighty riots when the flips side did it.
    The left is clearly winning. Even if you are one of the millions who feel there were some shenanigans in the election, if the left wouldn't be winning in such a way on a societal and narrative level, this would never have played out as it did. They can control the way tech manipulates, the media reports, and the schools teach. Simply, the Capitol doesn't matter. The system is inside everything. All the way down to how your local Parish utilities get funded! This is a good thing or a bad thing depending on your political affiliations.
    This system was never designed for such a centralized body to have such control over such a vast area or land with so many varying view points, needs, and ideals. When used as a BIG PICTURE, it can unite us. But both sides have stuffed so many small things into the big picture, people are forced to be pitted against each other and representation takes place with extreme swings in ideology instead of minor national goals of a united people.
    There is no one on the horizon who will unite us on a national level. The only realistic end game is a decentralization of power.
    Take the land mass of the US, and place it over any other in the world. There is no other such area of mass (populated) where the governing body isn't or wasn't authoritarian to successfully govern. All other areas of equal mass are divided into multiple nations or separated by equally large areas of vastly unpopulated expanses.

I would consider smashing windows and forcing your way into a building by overrunning police/security “violent”. This wasn’t like forcing your way into a mall, use of force changes when they are protecting certain people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    i agree with that but on another hand they vp and everybody else was gone for 15 mins or so before this happened... they prob saw the police through the window with guns and figured it was them...

but again play stupid games win stupid Trophies

They didn’t shoot when they LEO showed up, they shot when she tried to enter.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'd like to hear what the Leo said right about the 23 second mark when he raised his weapon...

Who knows, I’m assuming he made sure it was LE on the other side shooting and made sure they knew he was LE LOL

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Who knows, I’m assuming he made sure it was LE on the other side shooting and made sure they knew he was LE LOL

He gives a thumbs up, so I’m assuming they identified each other.

Those guys that were in full kit didn’t show up after the shooting. They were there prior to the shooting, so hearing a gunshot and someone falling out of a window probably scared the **** out of them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The beginning of the end of The United States of America! :(

Is anyone surprised at where this has gotten too? No one ever gets held accountable in government anymore. Do any of you believe that John Durham doesn't have enough evidence to already start indicting people for real crimes that allegedly happened over 4 years ago? When do the American people get to see the results of the investigations? Was/is there any investigation? If there is not the widespread election fraud that Trump says happened, but there is factually some; isn't it still a fraudulent election? Some of the most important elections in our country's history were won/lost by 1 vote. So by that logic, if Giulliani and Bondi can prove 1 fraudulent vote occurred, then by that reasoning and fact, this was a fraudulent election.

Say what you want, but we have witnessed the way "elections" will be run from here on out unless things are changed. Don't believe me? Look at the map of Georgia (red state forever), in the Senate runoff elections. 4 cities, essentially a handful of Counties (20) and mostly one city (Atlanta), decided the election for all 159 counties. You probably don't need to wonder what the demographics are in those cities.

BTW; I agree with a previous poster; this power structure (The Swamp), is embedded EVERYWHERE too deeply for "democracy" to fix!

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Metro police and Capitol security agencies HAD to know the protests were coming, and either ignored it on purpose, or were too stupid/incompetent to plan adequately. The outcome would have been far different if the extremists were kept out of the buildings.

Trump's failure to act immediately eliminated any chance of a future candidacy. Putin is dancing a jig.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The political goons calling this an "insurrection" are the very same people who said NOTHING as cities like Minneapolis were burned and looted- and Portland was quite literally occupied and under siege for 100+ days.

Anyone who thinks these people will "govern for all" is a fool.

I have no idea where this is headed- but we're all along for the ride.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Agreed... they didn’t spawn In there... they were in there with them... there are a lot of videos of the police removing the barricades letting them in. Videos of them in full gear talking calmly explains why they are there... it wasn’t at hostile and violent as they are making it out to be.. not dismissing the bad eggs in the group what so ever ..
    He gives a thumbs up, so I’m assuming they identified each other.

Those guys that were in full kit didn’t show up after the shooting. They were there prior to the shooting, so hearing a gunshot and someone falling out of a window probably scared the **** out of them.

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    wow - this is a bad shot IMHO.

[video]https://twitter.com/i/status/1347090927811104768[/video]

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That is crazy cause I watched the live feed... pence was rushed out 15 min before the shots fired call was made... Pence was popping up out of a flower shot 3 miles away by then... idk what his detail were still doing there

- - - Updated - - -

That is crazy cause I watched the live feed... pence was rushed out 15 min before the shots fired call was made... Pence was popping up out of a flower shot 3 miles away by then... idk what his detail were still doing there

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Agreed... they didn’t spawn In there... they were in there with them... there are a lot of videos of the police removing the barricades letting them in. Videos of them in full gear talking calmly explains why they are there... it wasn’t at hostile and violent as they are making it out to be.. not dismissing the bad eggs in the group what so ever ..

If Capitol Police were given the green light to shoot anyone breaching a certain point, then it's a bit difficult to argue why he fired a shot. I don't know if that's the case, so anything beyond stating what is seen in the video is hearsay. I know the window she was climbing through led to the Speaker's Lobby hallway, which leads to the door of the House Chamber, where there are photos of armed Capitol Police aiming at the closed doors. I would make the assumption they were ready to shoot anyone attempting to breach a certain point.

To play devil's advocate, by definition of the word, it was violent.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If Capitol Police were given the green light to shoot anyone breaching a certain point, then it's a bit difficult to argue why he fired a shot. I don't know if that's the case, so anything beyond stating what is seen in the video is hearsay. I know the window she was climbing through led to the Speaker's Lobby hallway, which leads to the door of the House Chamber, where there are photos of armed Capitol Police aiming at the closed doors. I would make the assumption they were ready to shoot anyone attempting to breach a certain point.

To play devil's advocate, by definition of the word, it was violent.

This.

She breached a barrier that she clearly wasn't supposed to. And the police clearly felt that this was a threat to life and limb, to those that they were sworn to protect.

Don't wanna get shot? Don't break into federal buildings when the police have their guns drawn. It's pretty simple.

Mike

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Different agencies with different missions, if that was indeed the VP detail that fired the shot. Just because reports say the VP was gone doesn’t mean that’s what actually happened. Like I said earlier, we will probably never know where he went after everything started.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    FUBAR.... can we agree to that one lol:dogkeke:

Different agencies with different missions, if that was indeed the VP detail that fired the shot. Just because reports say the VP was gone doesn’t mean that’s what actually happened. Like I said earlier, we will probably never know where he went after everything started.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom