Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

What QD piece do I need?

My new Magpul stuff came in, and the MS3-QD thing wont fit in the hole in my magpul MOE stock. See attached, I must be missing something, I thought the button thing just plugged into the hole in the stock, could someone please let me know what I need to order?
    Thanks Guys Merry Christmas Happy NewYear
    Picture Attached
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210107_191053.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	102094

Marksman

User Info Menu

Have you tried pushing the button in whine inserting it and maybe twisting it a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Last edited by DAVE_M; January 7th, 2021 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added link for Type 2 kit

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Have you tried pushing the button in whine inserting it and maybe twisting it a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The hole is too big for the button, its like throwing a hotdog down a hallway lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Thanks Dave! Does it matter which one? Its for the MOE AK stock. Update: I watched the video on the magpul site and think I got it figured out. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mannelite; January 8th, 2021 at 08:28 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What Motor51 said. Never mind. Why in the world would the stock not come with the insert if the hole for it is there. Maybe it a manufacturing error. The Rogers stock on my Colt has an insert
    Last edited by buttanic; January 8th, 2021 at 08:31 AM.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buttanic View Post
    What Motor51 said. Never mind. Why in the world would the stock not come with the insert if the hole for it is there. Maybe it a manufacturing error. The Rogers stock on my Colt has an insert
    My Magpul stock has 4 locations for inserts. While it would have been nice for them to include at least one insert, I would not have wanted an insert installed in all 4 locations. Plus, removing inserts can be frustrating. A recent removal required a punch & hammering from the other side.
    Walther P5 > H&K P7

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I have a few of those Mannelite. If you strike out just PM me and I’ll mail one.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buttanic View Post
    It's not a manufacturing error. The stocks have locations to attach a sling, some just don't include the QD socket. You can attach a sling with other methods. QD swivels are just one option.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I have a few of those Mannelite. If you strike out just PM me and I’ll mail one.
    Thanks man that's generous! I didn't see this and already found one and ordered it off Primary Arms website first thing this morning after Dave's post. I want to get my new sling on ASAP. Yeah it would be nice if it came with one.... oh well, "batteries not included", seems to be the status quo with most equipment. Might as well spend the cash before rampant inflation kicks in.....

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mannelite View Post
    Thanks man that's generous! I didn't see this and already found one and ordered it off Primary Arms website first thing this morning after Dave's post. I want to get my new sling on ASAP. Yeah it would be nice if it came with one.... oh well, "batteries not included", seems to be the status quo with most equipment. Might as well spend the cash before rampant inflation kicks in.....
    No sweat bro. I know how it is. Although, as many (hundreds) Magpul products as I’ve purchased over the years I have never seen one that was lacking in hardware. They might hide it from you but it’s generally in there somewhere. I got a friend who had saved all his boxes from all the grips he’s bought from them and he was asking me where I got all my cool Magpul stickers. He lost it when I separated one of the boxes to show him that he was sitting on the mother lode. Even the trigger guard packaging hides one.
    Last edited by Magdump; January 8th, 2021 at 10:33 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...