Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Multiple Magpul stocks do not include QD sockets.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CavalryJim View Post
    My Magpul stock has 4 locations for inserts. While it would have been nice for them to include at least one insert, I would not have wanted an insert installed in all 4 locations. Plus, removing inserts can be frustrating. A recent removal required a punch & hammering from the other side.
    So it about money, because having or not having the insert or inserts or where they are located doesn't doesn't affect the use of the stock. Why would you want to remove an insert other than to reuse it in another stock. The QD socket on my Rogers stock works from both sides it isn't a blind hole.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buttanic View Post
    So it about money, because having or not having the insert or inserts or where they are located doesn't doesn't affect the use of the stock. Why would you want to remove an insert other than to reuse it in another stock. The QD socket on my Rogers stock works from both sides it isn't a blind hole.

Would you rather pay more for every stock even if you never intended to use qd mounts? Because that would force them to charge more.

Ie - the free bread at restaurants ain’t free

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buttanic View Post
    The stocks that typically do not include a QD socket are the MOE line, which is designated as the budget line of Magpul stocks. They DO include slots for the sling to be attached, but some do not include the QD socket.

Would you rather pay more for features that you may not use or have the ability to add features later on?

Would you buy an optics ready pistol if you don't want an optic?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Adding the QD sockets might raise the cost to Magpul $3.00 and they charge $12 to $18 for one, it about money whether you believe it or not. Mass production cost is probably 50 cents a socket.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies