What QD piece do I need?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    My new Magpul stuff came in, and the MS3-QD thing wont fit in the hole in my magpul MOE stock. See attached, I must be missing something, I thought the button thing just plugged into the hole in the stock, could someone please let me know what I need to order?
    Thanks Guys Merry Christmas Happy NewYear
    YhgmwMj
    Picture Attached
    20210107_191053.jpg

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Have you tried pushing the button in whine inserting it and maybe twisting it a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Have you tried pushing the button in whine inserting it and maybe twisting it a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The hole is too big for the button, its like throwing a hotdog down a hallway lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dave! Does it matter which one? Its for the MOE AK stock. Update: I watched the video on the magpul site and think I got it figured out. Thanks!

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    What Motor51 said. Never mind. Why in the world would the stock not come with the insert if the hole for it is there. Maybe it a manufacturing error. The Rogers stock on my Colt has an insert

Last edited:

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    What Motor51 said. Never mind. Why in the world would the stock not come with the insert if the hole for it is there. Maybe it a manufacturing error. The Rogers stock on my Colt has an insert

My Magpul stock has 4 locations for inserts. While it would have been nice for them to include at least one insert, I would not have wanted an insert installed in all 4 locations. Plus, removing inserts can be frustrating. A recent removal required a punch & hammering from the other side.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

It's not a manufacturing error. The stocks have locations to attach a sling, some just don't include the QD socket. You can attach a sling with other methods. QD swivels are just one option.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I have a few of those Mannelite. If you strike out just PM me and I’ll mail one.
    Thanks man that's generous! I didn't see this and already found one and ordered it off Primary Arms website first thing this morning after Dave's post. I want to get my new sling on ASAP. Yeah it would be nice if it came with one.... oh well, "batteries not included", seems to be the status quo with most equipment. Might as well spend the cash before rampant inflation kicks in.....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks man that's generous! I didn't see this and already found one and ordered it off Primary Arms website first thing this morning after Dave's post. I want to get my new sling on ASAP. Yeah it would be nice if it came with one.... oh well, "batteries not included", seems to be the status quo with most equipment. Might as well spend the cash before rampant inflation kicks in.....
    No sweat bro. I know how it is. Although, as many (hundreds) Magpul products as I’ve purchased over the years I have never seen one that was lacking in hardware. They might hide it from you but it’s generally in there somewhere. I got a friend who had saved all his boxes from all the grips he’s bought from them and he was asking me where I got all my cool Magpul stickers. He lost it when I separated one of the boxes to show him that he was sitting on the mother lode. Even the trigger guard packaging hides one.

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    My Magpul stock has 4 locations for inserts. While it would have been nice for them to include at least one insert, I would not have wanted an insert installed in all 4 locations. Plus, removing inserts can be frustrating. A recent removal required a punch & hammering from the other side.

So it about money, because having or not having the insert or inserts or where they are located doesn't doesn't affect the use of the stock. Why would you want to remove an insert other than to reuse it in another stock. The QD socket on my Rogers stock works from both sides it isn't a blind hole.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    So it about money, because having or not having the insert or inserts or where they are located doesn't doesn't affect the use of the stock. Why would you want to remove an insert other than to reuse it in another stock. The QD socket on my Rogers stock works from both sides it isn't a blind hole.

Would you rather pay more for every stock even if you never intended to use qd mounts? Because that would force them to charge more.

Ie - the free bread at restaurants ain’t free

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

The stocks that typically do not include a QD socket are the MOE line, which is designated as the budget line of Magpul stocks. They DO include slots for the sling to be attached, but some do not include the QD socket.

Would you rather pay more for features that you may not use or have the ability to add features later on?

Would you buy an optics ready pistol if you don't want an optic?

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Adding the QD sockets might raise the cost to Magpul $3.00 and they charge $12 to $18 for one, it about money whether you believe it or not. Mass production cost is probably 50 cents a socket.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom