Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

SBR Weaponlight configuration

I am curious how you guys setup you lights on your SBRs. Do you prefer it even with muzzle or sitting farther back? Pictures of the setup would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I have it set up at the 1 to 2 o'clock position right behind the openings of the flash hider. With just the flash hider, the barrel shadow is down to the left. With the Dear Air Pyro, the shadow gets a little longer. And if I put on a suppressor, the shadow grows quite a bit. I don't know Streamlight's official rating as far as concussion resistance but I've not have any issues with them so far. The top is a 12.5* barrel and the bottom is a 16* barrel. I know you said SBR but I have a similar setup and placement for both.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I have it set up at the 1 to 2 o'clock position right behind the openings of the flash hider. With just the flash hider, the barrel shadow is down to the left. With the Dear Air Pyro, the shadow gets a little longer. And if I put on a suppressor, the shadow grows quite a bit. I don't know Streamlight's official rating as far as concussion resistance but I've not have any issues with them so far. The top is a 12.5* barrel and the bottom is a 16* barrel. I know you said SBR but I have a similar setup and placement for both.

My most fired rifle is my duty rifle that is an M4 style so the light is no where near the muzzle. With the light set up like you have, is the light covered in carbon after a magazine or is it useable for a good while?

Censored by "them"

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Mine is the same. I don’t run the bezel any further than the first opening in the muzzle device, suppressed or unsuppressed. I’ll live with the shadow if it means my light isn’t hanging way off the handguard.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    My most fired rifle is my duty rifle that is an M4 style so the light is no where near the muzzle. With the light set up like you have, is the light covered in carbon after a magazine or is it useable for a good while?

It's usable for a good while. I'll clean the lens as I see carbon on it so I don't know how many mags before it's no longer usable. I'd say the TLR1-HL on my Glock 17 get carbon on it a bit quicker than the rifle.

I don't know if you can modify your duty rifle but you can always get an extended drop in rail. I used to have the Delta rail. It was nice but I sold it when I didn't have a use for it any more. Troy makes rail attachments for it as well. I'm surprised more companies don't make extended drop in rails but I guess the trend is to go more toward free float instead of a front sight post. I did see the UTG mlok extended rail. I've never had issues with UTG but I've never subjected them to long term abuse either.

https://troyind.com/products/charlie-blk

https://troyind.com/products/delta-carbine-blk

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...emno=MTU015SSM

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Subscribed for info. I'm looking at the IWC mlok mounts. Just trying to figure out if I need the SBR or the standard version. Ill be putting this on a 11.5 upper with a FSP and a Centurion carbine cut-out rail....light tucked somewhere around/under a Steiner DBALa3....then I get to figure out where the buttons go. (Modbutton lite, hot button, or Taps? Hmmm)
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    Subscribed for info. I'm looking at the IWC mlok mounts. Just trying to figure out if I need the SBR or the standard version. Ill be putting this on a 11.5 upper with a FSP and a Centurion carbine cut-out rail....light tucked somewhere around/under a Steiner DBALa3....then I get to figure out where the buttons go. (Modbutton lite, hot button, or Taps? Hmmm)
    Are you going with the mlok rail or the pic rail? I looked at the modbutton lite and the hot button. I went with the hot button because the modbutton lite is momentary on only. Is it safe to assume you're going with Surefire or Modlite for your light? I already had a couple of Streamlight HLX's and the hot button is Surefire only but I grabbed a tailcap adaptor from Arisaka and I can now put a Surefire tailcap on a Streamlight.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I never got around to getting a pressure switch, so I mounted mine at 9:00 so I can hit the lever with my thumb. Up for ON and down for STROBE. 10.5 barrel with QD muzzle break for can.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sbr, pistol, or rifle... I donít go past the blast radius of muzzle device blast... donít need to and deff doesnít help Life of flashlight ... I much rather thumb activation vs pressure pad.. I found with pressure pad I was activating light during normal daylight shooting/drills... grip was the exact same... just makes it a lot easier for me to adjust my hand and use the thump a little bit ... plus I find with light on left of gun when itís slung it keeps the hot muzzle off of my leg, especially my suppressor... I have found it keeps it off my leg and from getting burnt way more than it gets hung up on somthing...
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; January 11th, 2021 at 11:48 PM.