SBR Weaponlight configuration

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is about the jist of it. There's no "right" answer, just individual user preference. Some guys prefer to hang their light way off the handguard to reduce shadow, but that creates its own challenges (increased chance of damaging light, muzzle blast if not running supressed). Another consideration is how far outboard the light sits. The super streamlined mounts that really tuck the light into the rail are nice, but they really exacerbate the shadow issue.

If you give us some more details on your exact rifle set up I'm sure we could make some specific suggestions.

Yea, I’ve played around with it and that’s about *optimal* for my preferences. Every now and then I’ll shoot unsuppressed, so I don’t want the light hanging way off getting caught on or banging into things.

Suppressor shadow is just something we have to live with.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Forgot I had pics of the current 10.5 sbr upper set up(that pdw stock is long gone!):

Unity Monkey bar on a magpul mbus pro. I drilled out the holes on the pressure pad to bolt it straight to the slot. Had to grind flats on the mlok hardware to clear my piston rod though.

xoQVTwY.jpg

C5eTqiZ.jpg

SIqdmDv.jpg

vEvIse4.jpg

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    .300aac? I wish they made that brake for 556 I know I can use the 9mm 1/2x28 but still with there was a 556 version p

Thats a 556 10.5 faxon pencil barrel. Yea it would be nice if they did. But it seems like every popular company's brakes/comps are over bored for more versatility and cheaper mass production purposes. Even .5x28 3 port ASR brakes seem to be all 30 cal bored now. I still have 556 old school ones on most of the rifles though.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    After messing around with it, I think this will have to work.
    63efae673ae94a5fb8da604a84ae2b03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom