Ruger American 300 BLK owners. Which mag?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m referring to the bolt gun that accepts AR mags.
    Mine came with a Magpul 10 rounder. It works well enough, but I thought I’d try a few different 10 and 20 round mags to see what is what and I found some improvement in lock up and general fit/function with a Promag roller. I’d bought a few of these at academy for my bipod rifles and those that I’d rather shoot with a short mag and I’m glad I tried one. They run about the same price as the Magpul. The bolt on these rifles is not exactly silky smooth on the throw but I did see improvement with the Promag.
    Just FYI

Attachments

• 07D7DB4E-98AE-487F-A52E-C3E057902B8E.jpg
      07D7DB4E-98AE-487F-A52E-C3E057902B8E.jpg
      232.9 KB · Views: 125
    • 7DBE4F90-89E0-4FED-93A7-BF95E15476C6.jpg
      7DBE4F90-89E0-4FED-93A7-BF95E15476C6.jpg
      200.7 KB · Views: 131
    • 95290B5F-699C-4C0C-B3B1-46E9B6ADAE68.jpg
      95290B5F-699C-4C0C-B3B1-46E9B6ADAE68.jpg
      235.2 KB · Views: 130

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well that's good information.
    When I get rich like some of you guys Magdump then maybe I can buy the high dollar spiffy shooters
    Lol just kidding,That's the pig thumper?
    LOL, just hang out at Academy and catch one Gator.
    I just got this one sighted in and I’ll likely shoot some pigs with it but the thermal is still on my old one and I just don’t see a reason to change up at the moment. Smaller mags don’t make that much difference for me with a bolt action. I just keep a few ready.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I got the ATN Thor 4. They vary greatly in price depending on the magnification. I didn’t see the need for more than 10x and to tell the honest truth could care less about all the GPS, video, etc, etc, that I’ll never use anyway but that’s how they sell them. I still make good use of a gen 2 night vision scope with added IR illuminator. All I wanted the thermal for was to see what I’m shooting at in the dark. Gotta throw out 3k and just take the bells and whistles whether or not you want them, lol.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I got the ATN Thor 4. They vary greatly in price depending on the magnification. I didn’t see the need for more than 10x and to tell the honest truth could care less about all the GPS, video, etc, etc, that I’ll never use anyway but that’s how they sell them. I still make good use of a gen 2 night vision scope with added IR illuminator. All I wanted the thermal for was to see what I’m shooting at in the dark. Gotta throw out 3k and just take the bells and whistles whether or not you want them, lol.

I've heard several say that, The excessive do-dads,GPS and all that battery killing jazz, Heck think I'll just set up the hog trap bait it with corn,Tie the door open
    Let the pigs feed for free
    Set the trap door one night and Bam catch them feeding at the trough on free corn.
    Same as catching a Democrat.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've heard several say that, The excessive do-dads,GPS and all that battery killing jazz, Heck think I'll just set up the hog trap bait it with corn,Tie the door open
    Let the pigs feed for free
    Set the trap door one night and Bam catch them feeding at the trough on free corn.
    Same as catching a Democrat.
    LMAO! That’s awesome.
    I got a buddy in east Texas that built 2 pens on his place with trap doors. He just watches his cameras and drops the gate when he’s got a few in there. Shows up the next morning and pops the bigger ones with the .22, the little ones get relocated... or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom