Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Gun Safe relocation needed

Sorry for my incompetence, but it was suggested that I move this thread so people could comment. Hope this is the right place. If not, I quit. HA. I'm look for someone who can move a #700 safe from one house to another. I live in the Houma/Thibodaux area. Moosa Movers is a local company, but they moved a piano for me and scared the hell out of me with their handling of it. Any input would be appreciated.

Marksman

User Info Menu

After I moved one I paid liberty gun safe to move it the next time. I’ll never move another one by myself.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Marksman

User Info Menu

In Houma too. I used Moosa once for a gun safe. They did great with it

Marksman

User Info Menu

Last time I had to move mine which is about 500lbs-I emptied it out and moved it around on golf balls pretty easily.

This one might be a little too big for that trick though.
    I got a 1 1/2" guard rail nut on a 6 foot piece of 550 cord. It's not uber-tactical, but one smack in the grape and its coloring books for Christmas.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I moved mine with the gray PVC conduit. Cut 24” sections and laid down cardboard over the floors in front of where I was going. Played leap frog with the PVC keeping one piece in front and always two beneath the safe. Hardest part was getting it over the threshold from garage into the house. But, with the safe door fully open, it was enough leverage to “wheelie” it up over the threshold. If you rent a truck from HD with the Tommy-Lift gate, this becomes very manageable.

Good luck!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Call Mike Wards Liberty Safe in Baton Rouge. Not sure if he goes to Houma but perhaps he could offer a
    referral.
    No matter if you think you can or think you can't, you are probably right !!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Another vote for Mike Ward's in Baton Rouge. They moved one for me last year and did a great job, quick and painless.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Rent a pallet jack. Two men and a pallet jack will move it anywhere you want to.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Corvette View Post
    Rent a pallet jack. Two men and a pallet jack will move it anywhere you want to.
    That’s a great idea! Going to remember this if I ever have to move mine, again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

As far the golf balls etc they didn’t work for mine. It’s kind of wide and squat. I was hanging off the side of the safe trying to use my legs on a wall and couldn’t get it to rock up enough to get those things under it.

Pay a professional. Worth every penny.

Dave

"All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.