Glock 9 to 40 conversion barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Question for those who may have one. I have several 9mm glocks and a single .45 acp. I lack and dont necessarily want a .40. However with the past and current instances of ammo shortages etc i feel like it would be beneficial to have the ability to shoot .40. That being the case im leaning towards purchasing a 9 to 40 conversion barrel for one of my 17s. At one time i owned a model 35 with a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. I sold and purchased a 34 but that gun functioned fine with 9mm and currently functions fine with the original .40 barrel. Question. I have 17L, 34, 17, 19, 19x. I have zero intentions of shooting the 40 in my 17L. However the rest arent out of the question. Any cons to purchasing a 34 length barrel and shooting it in say my 19? Or is it best to only step down from the 34 to a regular 17?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    From my understanding the hole in the front of the gun is larger on the .40 models. So it would require a whole top end. On top of that, you would need a different trigger housing with the .40 cal ejector.

I think it's easier to just buy a glock 22 or 35 if that's what you are looking for. Prior to the pandemic it wasn't unusual to find one for 275-325 (due to people trading for 9mm).

I picked up a glock 22 from Barney's recently for 299.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You will need a .40 cal slide and barrel. 9mm barrels are a smaller outer diameter than .40 S&W.

For the frame, you will need a .40 ejector and .40 S&W magazines.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well hell... i just assumed you could go either way. Hadnt even looked at barrels yet. Guess i may be in the market for a 23 soon.

.40 S&W barrels are larger in diameter for obvious reasons. You can acquire a 9mm conversion barrel for a .40 S&W slide, because 9mm is smaller and the barrel will simply be thicker.

glock-9mm-and-40cal-conversion-barrels.jpg

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Yeah makes since now that im thinking back on it. i believe that gun had a lonewolf conversion barrel and i seem to recall the chamber and bore being slightly offset to compensate in the differneces in the ejector. Going off memory now that could have been bs

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    That is correct. I have several conversion barrels from 40 to 9mm but you cannot go the other way. You could get yourself a 10mm conversion for your 45 though. Grab some mags and have some fun. I've got a 23 I'll sell if you are interested.

Top Bottom