Academy well over 95% sold out.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    These pics were posted in a group I'm in. These were taken at an Alabama Academy around Huntsville. I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever seen a store nearly empty of guns and ammo.

(1) Glock 43
    (1) Glock 26
    (2) Springfield Hellcat
    (2) Springfield XD
    Zero ammunition

Academy 1.jpgAcademy 2.jpgAcademy 3.jpg

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I'm not surprised. With all that's going on and with the Democrats in power, this is going to be the norm. I remember the Obama days when it looked like this at all of the gun stores, regular $500 AR-15s were selling for $1,500 and PMAGs were going for $30-40 per mag. Stock up on guns while you can.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Last time I was at the academy in the westbank, the ENTIRE ammo aisle was without ammo, except for some non-popular hunting rounds. ZERO 5.56, pistol ammunition, .308 etc

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    The academy on juban has looked like this for the last couple weeks. Ive been in there a couple times. There was 6 handguns and maybe the same number of long guns. Mostly just a few cheap shotguns and think maybe a savage axis

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I saw a lady wanting a gun. There wasn't very many options so the guy literally grabs one of the few long guns left on the shelf. It was a double barrel shotgun, for a ~40 year old lady.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The academy on juban has looked like this for the last couple weeks. Ive been in there a couple times. There was 6 handguns and maybe the same number of long guns. Mostly just a few cheap shotguns and think maybe a savage axis

That sounds about right. All of the North Shore Academy stores are like that.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    If yall get tired of trying to hit academy come see me at Gretna Gun Works. Today we were all hands on deck. We had about 8 guys helping people at all times. As soon as guns came off the trucks people were buying. I feel like every time I looked someone was restocking ammo. It was insane. Reminds me of back in March when all this sh!t started getting crazy. This ain't slowing down anytime soon fellas. Get what you need to get right now if possible before its even more expensive later on.

We have 50rd boxes of Fiocchi 223 fmj 55gr ammo, 9mm, 40s&w, some other common handgun calibers, shotgun shells, pmags. We also have guns. We just got in about 15-20 LWRC rifles. We have Lancer ARs, a couple Rugers and deltons. We have a couple Radical ar pistols in 556. We have quite a few HK VP9s of different variations, a few glock 17 gen 3, FN509, CZs, etc.

And yea as you could probably assume some of it is more expensive than usual. We coughed up for most of it just like everybody else, but hey we have it of you need it.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That’s the rub. You can get it if you pay for it.

The big box stores selling things at old prices can’t get anything restocked.

I’m in an odd predicament, because the ammo that I do want either can’t be found or is selling at a 500% markup.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If yall get tired of trying to hit academy come see me at Gretna Gun Works. Today we were all hands on deck. We had about 8 guys helping people at all times. As soon as guns came off the trucks people were buying. I feel like every time I looked someone was restocking ammo. It was insane. Reminds me of back in March when all this sh!t started getting crazy. This ain't slowing down anytime soon fellas. Get what you need to get right now if possible before its even more expensive later on.

We have 50rd boxes of Fiocchi 223 fmj 55gr ammo, 9mm, 40s&w, some other common handgun calibers, shotgun shells, pmags. We also have guns. We just got in about 15-20 LWRC rifles. We have Lancer ARs, a couple Rugers and deltons. We have a couple Radical ar pistols in 556. We have quite a few HK VP9s of different variations, a few glock 17 gen 3, FN509, CZs, etc.

And yea as you could probably assume some of it is more expensive than usual. We coughed up for most of it just like everybody else, but hey we have it of you need it.

Hey Bruh,If it ain't from Academy then it just ain't good enough.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Went to Academy in Thibodaux yesterday. All the shelves were bare. Not only in the shooting section, but all over the store. I think that has a lot to do with the taxes in Louisiana. There is an inventory tax and they have to pay taxes on whatever is in the store on Jan 1.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    In the past 4 weeks I scored 800 rds of 22LR at academy. They get shipments twice a week but there is usually a line waiting for the store to open just for ammo. Early bird gets the worm. I am good on most calibers until the next Presidential election if I cut back slightly on what I shoot monthly. Going to shoot more 22 as it seems the most available at this time. In the mean time when ever I pass a store that sells ammo I make a quick run and check including Walmart, I got 600 rounds of CCI 22LR in the last two weeks at Walmarts. Every little bit helps.

Last edited:

Arkavian

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    The local one here in Alexandria is the same way. Nothing on the shelves except steel shot loads for 12 and 20 gauge. Only a few cheap shotguns left on the rack. There is some ammo, but they have it behind the service desk counter. They have a limit setup that you can either buy 3 separate boxes of ammo, each being a different caliber, or you can buy one large bulk ammo box.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Don’t have Academy here in Colorado, but it’s a little better than that at the local stores.

Not Walmart though. Walmart had 1 .22, 1 20ga o/u and zero ammo. Local farm stores were stripped of guns back in March, they’ve since been re-stocked but very limited on MSR and pistol selection. There’s No ammo locally, but at the location about 60 miles away they have 6mm Creedmoor, 20ga buckshot, 50bmg and a few boxes of other various WSM. They had a few bullets for reloading too, but at $50 for a box of SMK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I’m in north Texas (north of Dallas) and everywhere is nearly sold out on firearms and ALWAYS sold out on handgun and rifle ammo. Can find shotgun rounds but that is it. Only firearms available are cheap or off caliber handguns/revolvers and a few hunting shotguns and bolt actions. Unfortunately my work schedule makes it difficult to time restock days.

Crazy.

MotorBoy

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Youngsville
    I refuse to bow to the scum sucking A holes on line selling guns and ammo at 300% above retail- yes on this site -yes I know it's supply and demand and a little profit is OK-but this is way pass stupid-and think these are the same people that may want a favor from you in the future-remember what's going on don't forget these A holes are not one of us(gun people) they are profiteers and will turn on you first chance they get--in life your either part of the problem or part of the solution

Last edited:
    Top Bottom