Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    La. CHP Instructor #409

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    New Glock Timney Trigger

    The new Alpha Competition Series of triggers is Timney’s latest overnight success – 75 years in the making.

    First in the Alpha Series line-up is a replacement trigger for the Glock Generation 3 and 4 pistols.

    With a factory pull weight of 3 pounds, the Timney Alpha Competition trigger answers the long call for a trigger that has the same feel and performance that matches the reliability of the Glock system by providing an improved trigger design that does not sacrifice any part of the Glock reliability.

    Keeping up with Timney’s honored commitment to listening to their customers, the trigger can be installed easily with no gunsmith needed.

    TIMNEY ALPHA COMPETITION SERIES

    FOR GLOCK GEN 3 / 4 SPECS:

    Three-pound pull weight
    Crisp trigger break
    Teflon nickel (NP3) - trigger bar and sear (this process virtually eliminates friction, allowing for an extremely smooth feel)
    Straight aluminum trigger with safety blade (anodized)
    Uses all stock Glock parts and springs
    Compatible with stock Glock Pistols.
    During an independent test, the Alpha Competition trigger fired 10,000 rounds with no oiling, no cleaning, and performed flawlessly with ZERO malfunctions.

    FITS GEN 3: G17, G17L,
    G19, G22, G24, G23, G34,
    G35, AND GEN 4: G17,
    G19, G22, G23, G34,G35

    Gen 5 triggers due 03/01/2021

  2. #2
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Sounds good for a competition gun, but I know some bozos are going to put it in a carry gun.

  3. #3
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Sounds good for a competition gun, but I know some bozos are going to put it in a carry gun.
    If they shoot thousands of rounds in competition with said trigger, would it not be ideal to carry the same thing?

  4. #4
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pntbllr228 View Post
    If they shoot thousands of rounds in competition with said trigger, would it not be ideal to carry the same thing?
    No.

    Typically, triggers marketed specifically for Glocks used in competition will compromise some of the safety features. I'm skeptical of a company that claims a 3 lb trigger using factory parts. Since it's NP3 coated, it's no longer factory and they didn't disclose whatever modifications to the trigger bar and connector geometry that they made.

    If you can install this trigger in a cutaway Glock and ensure it doesn't compromise the 3 safeties, then rock on.

    Edit - The product photo proves that it's not "all stock Glock parts and springs." There is also an added "trigger return spring" that attaches to the trigger pin, which is not a factory part or design.


    Last edited by DAVE_M; January 20th, 2021 at 09:13 PM.

  5. #5
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    I see how it works and it's a pretty damn smart idea. And if there's enough pretravel to ensure the firing pin safety is not pre-engaged the other two safeties should also work.
    But I don't see myself putting it on a carry gun... It defeats the KISS principle that is a Glock's strongest feature.

  6. #6
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I see how it works and it's a pretty damn smart idea. And if there's enough pretravel to ensure the firing pin safety is not pre-engaged the other two safeties should also work.
    But I don't see myself putting it on a carry gun... It defeats the KISS principle that is a Glock's strongest feature.
    I found it very interesting that in all of the videos they talk about *reliability,* but never mention the three safeties. They also don’t really talk much about the trigger housing insert or the added spring on the trigger pin. It seems like their marketing is about the *positive reset,* which already happens with a factory Glock trigger.

  7. #7
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    I found it very interesting that in all of the videos they talk about *reliability,* but never mention the three safeties. They also don’t really talk much about the trigger housing insert or the added spring on the trigger pin. It seems like their marketing is about the *positive reset,* which already happens with a factory Glock trigger.
    At least it isn't designed to fire on the pull and the release!

  8. #8
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    At least it isn't designed to fire on the pull and the release!
    LOL that would get spicy

  9. #9
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    I would like to try one, but quite sure I would never put one in my EDC. Timney does make some nice triggers.

  10. #10
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    A wise man once told me when you purchase a Glock never change any of the internals of the gun. Outside of changing maybe the sights leave it how it comes. We love Glocks because they are reliable. Why mess with that? Not to mention I prefer Glock triggers now since I’ve been shooting them so long hell if I could I might just install Glock triggers in all of my handguns lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •