Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Sig Stops Making .40 Pistols?

I saw this on another forum.

Six days ago I remember reading a saying all .40 cal has been removed from the sig website. I had to check myself and sure enough it was. I emailed them and just got a response today.

Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer.

Due to the popularity of other calibers many of our current models in .40 have been discontinued and it remains to be seen if we will be resuming manufacturing in .40 again in the future.

Regards,
    Aaron Weeden

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That's inevitable. Glock was the same way when the Gen 5 was released. They had no plans to make .40 S&W Gen 5 pistols until they got LEA contracts.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    That's inevitable. Glock was the same way when the Gen 5 was released. They had no plans to make .40 S&W Gen 5 pistols until they got LEA contracts.
    So that’s why Academy at Elmwood had a Gen 5 Glock 23 yesterday?

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    The Gen 5 G22 with a slide that weighs approximately 2.5 oz. more than a Gen 4 slide should be a soft shooter.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    So that’s why Academy at Elmwood had a Gen 5 Glock 23 yesterday?
    Reread what I posted one more time...

When the Gen 5 was released, there were no plans for .40 S&W. Glock got the contract to start making .40 S&W for a Brazilian agency in 2020. Late 2020 they announced other .40 S&W models.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Oh well. They prolly canít keep up with demand anyway at the moment. Might as well drop something from the lineup and consolidate.
    As far as the round itself being the issue, I know weíve discussed it before. The .40 ainít dead. As much as theyíve tried to kill it, it just wonít die. Iíll be glad when the market figures out theyíd be better off loading the ammo to itís potential and accepting it as a viable option once again. Until then, I look forward to buying more lower priced pistols in .40....except from Sig.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Until then, I look forward to buying more lower priced pistols in .40....except from Sig.

Agreed. I'm one of those weird freaks who still loves the .40! Also...

WTB: Sig Sauer pistols in .40 S&W...
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!