Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456 LastLast
    ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    But the topic is not about publicly gathered lists of gun owners?!? At least if they did that, then those that may still doubt the resolve of these parasitical political freedom hating traitors to stamp out individual gun Rights in this country may start to see the light.
    Some people donít doubt the resolve of those traitors. They just doubt the traitors have been harvesting 4473ís for the information for the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

These proposals amount to an unreasonable restriction of a Constitutional Right.
    They represent a significant obstacle to poor people's rights to self protection.
    This is as unconstitutional as a poll tax.
    "Civility is an illusion; savagery is the default state of humanity."
    - Quinlan

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Is that a confession through projection? There's nothing in my post to even suggest envy. My point is that there are people on this message board who frequently mention in their comments they have one of these or two of those in their safe. It would be reasonable to believe they aren't concerned with the government having a list of what they own because they are publicly providing that list to everyone. My reply has nothing to do with me unless I frequently brag about weapons I own. I do not. I rarely mention what I may or may not have.
    Confession of what? I actually thought maybe Iíd found the reason I seem to get under your skin so much.
    So what you were saying is, everyone who posts in the handgun and rifle threads or posts pics or info on a new gun they bought or built is bragging? Or constantly bragging? Anyway, I just associate accusations of bragging with envy. I guess thatís just a character flaw of mine.
    You quote my post and give your version of how you must believe the government would compile a list from combing the net for what a person says they own at a particular time, then searching IP addresses and matching that with screen names and deciding whoís who, etc.. things that can be denied, btw. Do you think itís less likely that theyíd just use background checks and credit/debit card info to compile a list? Especially in light of whatís included in the bill? That would kind of be like reaching around your elbow to get to your ass, but I guess itís a workaround.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Time Traveler

User Info Menu

...would compile a list from combing the net for what a person says they own at a particular time, then searching IP addresses and matching that with screen names and deciding who’s who, etc.. things that can be denied, btw. Do you think it’s less likely that they’d just use background checks and credit/debit card info to compile a list? Especially in light of what’s included in the bill? That would kind of be like reaching around your elbow to get to your ass, but I guess it’s a workaround.

Bills, laws, rights -they're for entertainment purposes and litigation. More the former in my mind. The law books are being overwritten by AI algorithms faster than you can blink an eye. AI data are continuously improving, automatically doing the combing, searching, checking, compiling, listing, using, timing, matching, deciding, addressing, ad infinitum. The overwhelming data produced by AI in nano seconds at any given moment will wholly negate your denial of who you are or claim to be. Your ability to challenge a supercomputer is nada to the 3rd power. AI is on this my brother. It's a good time for each of us to swallow this chunk of truth and change some behaviors. AI is running everything of any significance and especially those previously "unsolveable" issues. Prime example https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/fi...i-strategy.pdf
    Anyone who is holding dear to some kind of parchment paper and a flag is going to have their ass handed to them, and soon. YMMV (but I doubt it). Your friend -Mike (but please refer to me as the "Mickster", or better yet, Miguel, hell yeah ... I'm Miguel Montero on here from now on! LOL)

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Confession of what? I actually thought maybe I’d found the reason I seem to get under your skin so much.
    I didn't say you liked to brag about what you own but you sure seem to believe you do since you made my statement about you. I replied to your post because it was your post that resurrected the thread. And you don't get under my skin, despite your best efforts. You're honestly just not that important to me. I can't think of anyone on this forum that is important enough to me that I would allow them to get under my skin.

So what you were saying is, everyone who posts in the handgun and rifle threads or posts pics or info on a new gun they bought or built is bragging? Or constantly bragging? Anyway, I just associate accusations of bragging with envy. I guess that’s just a character flaw of mine.
    No.

You quote my post and give your version of how you must believe the government would compile a list from combing the net for what a person says they own at a particular time, then searching IP addresses and matching that with screen names and deciding who’s who, etc.. things that can be denied, btw.
    Nope. That's not what I posted.

Do you think it’s less likely that they’d just use background checks and credit/debit card info to compile a list? Especially in light of what’s included in the bill? That would kind of be like reaching around your elbow to get to your ass, but I guess it’s a workaround.
    If they currently compiled a list from the background checks, they would need a number of people to keep quiet about their illegal activity. In order to get credit card/debit card records, they are supposed to have subpoenas. That means a judge would need to sign off on it and there would be a paper trail. Public information is public. It's not illegal and there's no paper trail. I think keeping track of public information is about as likely as them having a list from background checks or from credit/debit card records. I don't believe any of the three is probable but I think they are all just as likely. And the fact they have a bill suggests they are not currently compiling the information. If they were, they wouldn't need the bill.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I didn't say you liked to brag about what you own but you sure seem to believe you do since you made my statement about you. I replied to your post because it was your post that resurrected the thread. And you don't get under my skin, despite your best efforts. You're honestly just not that important to me. I can't think of anyone on this forum that is important enough to me that I would allow them to get under my skin.

No.

If they currently compiled a list from the background checks, they would need a number of people to keep quiet about their illegal activity. In order to get credit card/debit card records, they are supposed to have subpoenas. That means a judge would need to sign off on it and there would be a paper trail. Public information is public. It's not illegal and there's no paper trail. I think keeping track of public information is about as likely as them having a list from background checks or from credit/debit card records. I don't believe any of the three is probable but I think they are all just as likely. And the fact they have a bill suggests they are not currently compiling the information. If they were, they wouldn't need the bill.
    So now you’re telling me what I believe? Nice.
    You sure do spend a lot of time replying to my posts to say that you’re not concerned with me, but ok.
    I don’t buy into the belief that our government agencies are going to do everything lawfully because they’ve got a real crappy track record to date. ATF, FBI, take your pick.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by foz1359 View Post

Bills, laws, rights -they're for entertainment purposes and litigation. More the former in my mind. The law books are being overwritten by AI algorithms faster than you can blink an eye. AI data are continuously improving, automatically doing the combing, searching, checking, compiling, listing, using, timing, matching, deciding, addressing, ad infinitum. The overwhelming data produced by AI in nano seconds at any given moment will wholly negate your denial of who you are or claim to be. Your ability to challenge a supercomputer is nada to the 3rd power.)
    And you think I can’t deny owning anything that AI thinks I own? Settle down bro, AI ain’t God. Yeah, the powers that be can do wonders with a supercomputer but omnipotent they ain’t.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

So now you’re telling me what I believe? Nice.
    You sure do spend a lot of time replying to my posts to say that you’re not concerned with me, but ok.
    I don’t buy into the belief that our government agencies are going to do everything lawfully because they’ve got a real crappy track record to date. ATF, FBI, take your pick.
    No. I don't have any clue what you believe. I'm simply using observation and reasoning to conclude what it seems you believe. It's possible that your beliefs and the beliefs suggested by your reactions are not the same.

seems - give the impression or sensation of being something or having a particular quality.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

No.

I think that even if the bill passes, there will be some resistance from within the ATF. Most agents I work with want less regulation, not more.

Any bill will have to pass the Senate and pass challenges in the court.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Time Traveler

User Info Menu

Last edited by foz1359; March 4th, 2021 at 09:07 PM.