Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast
    Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

When did Bayou Shooters become a forum of Trolls?

I ask because when some folks post a story to maybe help others learn from their mistakes, or experience, the trolls are quick to come out and either interject their unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments. There are several posters here that have to say something on almost every post. You guys must live a sad f'n life. Y'all seem to think you are smarter and better than everyone else. This was a great place when Spanky owned it, and now sometime you'll get a warning when one of the moderator's don't like your opinion or you hurt someone's feeling. We need to respect others who post stories to inform us of things that happened and quit Monday morning quarterbacking when it's obvious you were not there and don't know the facts. Here is an example of a comment from a recent attempted car jacking" why didn't you backup or drive around them?" Well obviously he has never been on that road to see there was no option to go around.( telephone poles, fence, fire hydrants, etc.) So if you don't know the facts don't make comments on what I should have done, or what you would have done. You weren't there. I'm sure said trolls will have a field day with this post. .....Rant over....let the flaming begin in 1,2......
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # FY-55195
    NRA # 138603535

What's This For Again

User Info Menu

First

master plinker

User Info Menu

Its sort of the nature of all things internet now days. But that type of comment is nothing new, Re: car jacking.

Bayou Photo Shooter

User Info Menu

It's not just Bayoushooter. The entire internet has become "hyper critical". Without a comment voting and ranking system (like Reddit) it's going to be difficult or impossible to have any meaningful discussion in a forum format now a days. Even on Reddit it doesn't really work unless it's a huge subreddit community that can outrank the trolls. The smaller, local sub-Reddits will be just as hyper critical as a forum.
    IATSE Local 600 Camera Operator

CoonAss

User Info Menu

A Forum of Trolls ???

I thought this was a Classified Ad forum
    Overkill is Underrated

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 3fifty7 View Post
    A Forum of Trolls ???

I thought this was a Classified Ad forum
    Sadly, that’s about all it’s good for most days.

Because it’s allowed
    Because double standards
    Because one member trolling is another member trying to save the site from giving bad info that don’t jibe with that member’s info.
    Because sometimes a member (in their words even) admits to saying something to get a rise out of somebody, and although that’s the definition of trolling, they don’t admit that it’s trolling.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Sadly, that’s about all it’s good for most days.

Because it’s allowed
    Because double standards
    Because one member trolling is another member trying to save the site from giving bad info that don’t jibe with that member’s info.
    Because sometimes a member (in their words even) admits to saying something to get a rise out of somebody, and although that’s the definition of trolling, they don’t admit that it’s trolling.
    AW man, You know the deal, Next someone's gonna claim Gunkid is on here....lol
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Hey look, I’m the one with the troll target painted on my back here, lol. I’m like troll bait. Don’t troll me bro!

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I wonder what they did with that 11,000 rounds of ammo tho...

https://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/...unkid.html?m=1

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Jan 2009