Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
    On Target

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whbonney26 View Post
    Come on man, you have been here since 09. You should know that this place has always had trolls. Do you not remember the whole Bug Out Whale fiasco, just to name one?

There are some good people here but trolls have always been plenty.

It's just the internet in general usually but I am a member of other forums where people are much more well behaved and nice.
    All Hail the Whale...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

In 2006

USPSA # L3344 - CRO

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer
    as long as a B-27 silhoutte breaks into your house and stands still exactly 15yds away you'll have no problem protecting yourself and your family.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Itís been better, itís been worse. But one thing that will ALWAYS be consistent on an internet forum is everyone will never be happy. Too strict, not strict enough. Too much of this, not enough of that.

Guns are a hobby not a personality. If you stuck several thousand people in a room together, they would not all get along even with the common interest. I donít know why anyone would expect different just because that room is on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by glimmerman View Post
    Even the local Neighborhood Watch Groups are filling up with Trolls. They volunteer to become Moderators, and then tell us how much of an Expert they are on everything from Fire Ants to Space Travel. It has become a way for the Narcissistic Insecure Little Man to be heard. You best not view your opinion, lest you will be banned.
    Interesting
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Sadly, thatís about all itís good for most days.

Because itís allowed
    Because double standards
    Because one member trolling is another member trying to save the site from giving bad info that donít jibe with that memberís info.
    Because sometimes a member (in their words even) admits to saying something to get a rise out of somebody, and although thatís the definition of trolling, they donít admit that itís trolling.
    It just isn't worth it any more.

How many times must a guy be banned, before he is really banned?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    It just isn't worth it any more.

How many times must a guy be banned, before he is really banned?
    Should there be a limit on how many chances someone should get before they are never let back on? Are there some reasons people should be given another chance and some reasons they shouldn't? What usually happens is the banned person is just so enamored with this site that they will create a new account. When we recognize who they are, they may have a few posts under their belt. If their new posts don't demonstrate the behavior that got them banned, we decide if it's worth giving them another shot. But because they have a new name on here, you may not realize they had been previously banned. Would you be surprised if I told you there were multiple people who have posted in this thread who had been previously banned?

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    In 2006
    That's funny...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Should there be a limit on how many chances someone should get before they are never let back on? Are there some reasons people should be given another chance and some reasons they shouldn't? What usually happens is the banned person is just so enamored with this site that they will create a new account. When we recognize who they are, they may have a few posts under their belt. If their new posts don't demonstrate the behavior that got them banned, we decide if it's worth giving them another shot. But because they have a new name on here, you may not realize they had been previously banned. Would you be surprised if I told you there were multiple people who have posted in this thread who had been previously banned?
    Not even a little bit, plus it helps if they buy premium memberships.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

I thought trolling was when you take ecstasy and mushrooms at the same time.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Not even a little bit, plus it helps if they buy premium memberships.
    And the ones that don't have a premium membership? Are you not surprised by those either?