Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

St. James Sheriff's Office Range

Located on Hwy 3127 2.5 miles North of Hwy 20, behind the Parish dump. Open to St. James Parish residents on the first and second Thursday of every month, 8am to 4pm. No fee, but be sure to sign in at Range Office Bldg before proceeding to firing line. Call for further info: Deputy Baker at 225-562-2572

Also: Concealed Carry classes given at the Range. Next one is Saturday Feb 27, 2021, call Lt. Brooks 225-562-2571. Starts at 12 noon, no need to pre-register. Just show up with your weapon and at least 36 rounds of ammunition for it. $100 cash for class fee
    Last edited by La26; February 19th, 2021 at 01:50 PM.

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

St. James has an excellent range, highly recommend. Conrad you been LEO for almost 40 years when you gonna finally retire?
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # A55195
    NRA # 138603535

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    St. James has an excellent range, highly recommend. Conrad you been LEO for almost 40 years when you gonna finally retire?
    Did my 30 in New Orleans. When I do my 30 here, then the 4 year drop, I will be 99 and will probably hang it up then. Having too much fun to leave before then.
    Last edited by La26; February 19th, 2021 at 03:03 PM.

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by La26 View Post
    Did my 30 in New Orleans. When I do my 30 here, then the 4 year drop, I will be 99 and will probably hang it up then. Having too much fun to leave before then.
    Sunday night is my last day of work. I retire March 3rd, over 41 years in the refinery business with two plants and 5 owners. Will be at Nick's shooting every day now.
    Last edited by Vigilante Sniper; February 20th, 2021 at 01:05 PM.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # A55195
    NRA # 138603535

Marksman

User Info Menu

Located on Hwy 3127 2.5 miles North of Hwy 20, behind the Parish dump. Open to St. James Parish residents on the first and second Thursday of every month, 8am to 4pm. No fee, but be sure to sign in at Range Office Bldg before proceeding to firing line. Call for further info: Deputy Baker at 225-562-2572

Also: Concealed Carry classes given at the Range. Next one is Saturday Feb 27, 2021, call Lt. Brooks 225-562-2571. Starts at 12 noon, no need to pre-register. Just show up with your weapon and at least 36 rounds of ammunition for it. $100 cash for class fee
    Is the Concealed Carry class for St. James Parish residents only?

Wingate
    Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I thought the drop was 3 years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I thought the drop was 3 years.
    NOPD drop was 3 years. Sheriff's Office drop is 4 years. Two totally different retirement systems.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcweir3 View Post

Wingate
    Sorry I didn't make that clear. Anyone over 21 can attend regardless of what Parish you reside in. As stated earlier, no pre-registration, just show up with your pistol, 36 rounds of ammo, and $100 cash. If you need better directions to the Range, let me know.
    Last edited by La26; February 19th, 2021 at 08:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    Sunday night is my last day of work. I retire March 3rd, over 41 years in the refinery business with two plants and 5 owners. Will be at Nick's on shooting every day now.
    CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Now it's on to 'Fun Times'. Enjoy your Retirement- you earned it !!

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcweir3 View Post

Wingate
    No that is where I got mine and I’m in St. Charles parish. Some coworkers also got theirs there and from Jefferson parish.