Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

So You Want to Open Carry?

Just that fast and you're looking down the barrel of a gun.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=mQQt_1613959161
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Low hanging fruit comes to mind.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Open Carry Is Bad Enough and Open Carry Behind The Hip Makes A Gun Grab Much Easier.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yikes! Right rear pocket is where I've always kept my wallet. NEVER thought of stashing a pistol there.

Marksman

User Info Menu

damn... and that is why if you're gonna open carry, you need to be using at least a lvl 2/3 retention holster. not some cheap shit from academy/walmart...
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    damn... and that is why if you're gonna open carry, you need to be using at least a lvl 2/3 retention holster. not some cheap shit from academy/walmart...
    That's what I'm say'n man, If you're going to open ( not directed at you) carry make sure one has a holster with retention. Excellent point KDerek
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Most of the time I've seen someone open carrying, they were in walmart with some $5.00 uncle mike's holster, zero retention. I'm just picturing it being grabbed like the video, or someone going to the hardware section and coming back with a hammer, smacking the oc'er in the head and walking out with a new shiny pistol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fugum View Post
    Most of the time I've seen someone open carrying, they were in walmart with some $5.00 uncle mike's holster, zero retention. I'm just picturing it being grabbed like the video, or someone going to the hardware section and coming back with a hammer, smacking the oc'er in the head and walking out with a new shiny pistol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro
    I get super nervous whenever I see someone open carry. Most times its like you mentioned with the carrier displaying zero awareness and a less than ideal carry set up. I used to think open carry was a good idea, but most don't take the task seriously

Marksman

User Info Menu

When it’s easier to steal your gun than your wallet...that’s a problem.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

Anyone wanting to open carry out in public should be required to wear a bright colored shirt with a large bullseye target on front and back, also a flashing light on top of their head to show that they are and will be a easy target for anybody up to no good and so go ahead and try and take me out first before doing their bad deeds. .......With the attitude of so many anti guns people why would give them any ammunition to start spreading their jaded views and calling out in loud voices that "he has a gun" (have seen this on several occasions.).......... Just because the law says it is legal to open carry does not make it a good idea to do so under all conditions. But to each their own decisions. ............................ drill sgt.
    Last edited by drill sgt; February 25th, 2021 at 10:00 PM.