Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    Expert in the field of wife avoidance

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    People are already fed up with taxation. I don’t believe the turnout would be too good if they NFA’d everything. There were talks of adding pistol braces to the NFA list, which would likely work that small niche of gun owners and we’d see some sell, some buy the stamp, and we wouldn’t see all the people that park it in the closet and flip off the Feds. Because they’re not going to talk about it.
    And when they completely outlaw guns...
    I absolutely and totally agree with you. But what about the people behind you? Are they going to keep your AR's and mags you did not register? No frikin way. They will turn them in and be done with them.

Friction. Attrition. That's the plan, at least as I see it now. It's going to work with my stuff too if this NFA thing passes, and I hate it.
    USPSA #A74215

Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    People are already fed up with taxation. I don’t believe the turnout would be too good if they NFA’d everything. There were talks of adding pistol braces to the NFA list, which would likely work that small niche of gun owners and we’d see some sell, some buy the stamp, and we wouldn’t see all the people that park it in the closet and flip off the Feds. Because they’re not going to talk about it.
    And when they completely outlaw guns...
    Just the talk of it had braces showing up for sale all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

LEO

User Info Menu

I know before the first AWB, when I was first going around to some gun shows, ARs with 16" barrels, A2 uppers, collapsible stocks, and solid brands could be had for $495 at just about any table in the building, and there were lots of tables. I wish I'd been politically aware at the time and had known what was coming, because with a life insurance payout in the bank after my father passed, I would have bought about 50 and tripled my money over the next ten years. It was nearly impossible to find a pre-ban for less than $1,500 for most of that time.

In a lot of ways, I think the insidious, sideways approaches are more worrisome than attempts at outright bans. Huge tax and fee increases associated with purchase, ownership, carry, use to hunt or shoot. Insurance requirements. Mental health checks. Bringing lawsuits against manufacturers back to the table. Permit and course requirements just to teach kids to hunt/shoot. These are all much more palatable for properly indoctrinated new, young voters to vote for as "reasonable," or not object to when enacted as regulatory measures rather than legislation. Teach your children well.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I think many (hope most) legal gun owners will just not comply, just like the Canadian gun owners when the Parliament passed a registration law a few years ago. I know I will take a page from the liberal handbook based on Henry David Thoreau's essay "Civil Disobedience," the Civil Rights Movement and anti-war protestors. It is my duty as an American citizen to peacefully not comply with laws that violate our Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I fear, however, that within a few generations of propaganda in the schools and through MSM, the Second Amendment will be voted away after old curmudgeons like me have passed on.

We have had hundreds of "common sense" gun control laws since the NFA of 1938 (and even earlier with all the Jim Crow laws pushed by old Democrats to keep guns out of Black hands), and it hasn't helped with today's level of violence (gun and non-gun). Legal use of guns by non-criminal Americans is not a problem that needs control, and new, incrementally-restrictive gun laws is not the answer. Thus, the first half of my signature.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I'll just leave this lil history lesson here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gunban.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	103529  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.