Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    i beg to differ.. there is alot of profit being made right now lol... but yes i agree not by the majority of us lol
    With firearms? Not really. Most firearms have only marginally increased in value. Glocks can still be had at Blue Label and typical MSRP.

With ammunition, yes, but again, you can't easily replace whatever you sell.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    i beg to differ.. there is alot of profit being made right now lol... but yes i agree not by the majority of us lol
    Right you are,Those old Winchesters made a fantastic run a few years ago
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Time Traveler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The price that people are willing to pay drives some of it.
    I agree and the real price (prefer the word "value" here) of firearms and ammunition may not be quantifiable at this time. Sure, you got guys saying they'll die (the ultimate price) for their gun stash and all that bravado BS, but there's a lot more value in firearm ownership than an 2A allegiance and a fold of Ben Franklins.

I believe there's some folks in Houston that would've glady paid $$$ for simple 120 volt alternating current power last week. Demand was high, supply was low. When things get dicey you tend to forget about the price and look soley at the value. YMMV
    Last edited by foz1359; February 23rd, 2021 at 04:40 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

As said, grandfathered prohibited items will increase due to increase in supply. But outright bans will make many people not want to bother with it

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I'll be trading mine for some serious la-jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pew pew.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	103511  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I think many here will be surprised and sadly mistaken as to the actual value of a gun if things go Biden’s way. Mostly because most people believe everyone will comply with the law no matter how much it negates constitutional law. I’m not expecting that will be the case at all. I’m expecting there will be a strong market if someone wants to buy and sell anything that anyone wants, just like always.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/02/pre...#axzz6nIoIs0l1
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I think many here will be surprised and sadly mistaken as to the actual value of a gun if things go Bidenís way. Mostly because most people believe everyone will comply with the law no matter how much it negates constitutional law. Iím not expecting that will be the case at all. Iím expecting there will be a strong market if someone wants to buy and sell anything that anyone wants, just like always.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/02/pre...#axzz6nIoIs0l1
    I am one of those who feel most will comply. Mainly because it comes down to prison time, loss of income, and not being able to support your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Y’all are all being silly, I have no fear that if something like that happens bill classidy, John bell Edwards and Sharon Weston Broome will help us pass and implement Second Amendment sanctuary for Louisiana and save us all!!!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I think they will try a ban, cause they know a mandatory turn in won’t work... plus they will loose to many votes... look what happened at the capitol over simply a person not refusing to accept a vote and out of all them non of them were caught in the house with guns the few took over with numbers.....think of how many New Democrat gun owners there are... let alone old school democrats... they will possibly implement a voluntary gun buy back with stupid high buy back prices, stop importing all guns and ammunition, stop all evil features of ar15,ak’s ect... and maybe high cap mags.... there will be grandfathered in available.... but it would be constitutional suicide for them to flat out ban all guns... and impossible to enforce it....
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; February 23rd, 2021 at 08:45 PM.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    I am one of those who feel most will comply. Mainly because it comes down to prison time, loss of income, and not being able to support your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Only three percent of the population stood in 1776.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin