Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Firearm values - moving forward

So, if sweeping gun controls laws become reality, especially bans, and assuming some kind of grandfather clause, does that make currently owned firearms more valuable or less? Higher value, but harder to sell? I wasn't old enough to know what happened during the first "ban".

Marksman

User Info Menu

i know standard hi capacity glock mags went for $80, surplus ak mags that were $8 went for $40 ect... the actual price for the "ban guns" norincos or other imported didnt go up so fast... they could still be had for a good price.. but they have really jumped up in the last 5 years or so

Expert in the field of wife avoidance

User Info Menu

I'd think it depends on if they successfully apply NFA rules to semi-autos and magazines. At some point, it is no longer cost/time effective to comply, and then the items become essentially worthless outside of a black market.
    USPSA #A74215

Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The price that people are willing to pay drives some of it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Something tells me if the current power structure implements sweeping gun control the grandfather clause will be as real as Santa Clause. You either sell it back or they will find you and take it then haul you to jail or the morgue. Your choice.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Something tells me if the current power structure implements sweeping gun control the grandfather clause will be as real as Santa Clause. You either sell it back or they will find you and take it then haul you to jail or the morgue. Your choice.
    i choose morgue... but on another note... lets put it this way. the days of $4-500 AR15's, $350 ak47's and $100 mosin nagants are long gone and will likely never return.
    Last edited by KDerekT83; February 23rd, 2021 at 12:51 PM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

On top of other things mentioned there is a gazillion AR type rifles out there. Supply and demand. And yea it depends on the exact law. Complete ban and existing ones are grandfathered NFA then you’ve lost money on your investment period.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krotsman View Post
    So, if sweeping gun controls laws become reality, especially bans, and assuming some kind of grandfather clause, does that make currently owned firearms more valuable or less? Higher value, but harder to sell? I wasn't old enough to know what happened during the first "ban".
    1994 - 2004 were the days of pre-ban vs post-ban. ARs were still available but without certain features such as a threaded barrel, collapsible stock, etc. To me, standard capacity magazines were the hardest items to acquire. I remember happily paying $100 for four used AR magazines in 2003.
    Walther P5 > H&K P7

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Assuming there is a ban and firearms are "grandfathered," I have no doubt they will increase in value. Does that mean I care? Not really. Firearms are a terrible investment if you're looking to profit off of them later.

You never sell something you need and can't easily replace.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Assuming there is a ban and firearms are "grandfathered," I have no doubt they will increase in value. Does that mean I care? Not really. Firearms are a terrible investment if you're looking to profit off of them later.

You never sell something you need and can't easily replace.
    i beg to differ.. there is alot of profit being made right now lol... but yes i agree not by the majority of us lol