Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Only with the IRS

Only with the IRS are you guilty until proved innocent. I got a letter a few months ago informing me that I hadn't paid my taxes. I checked my records and I had sent them a check and they cashed it. I spent an hour on the phone and the answer given was that it probably hasn't been credited to my account yet. The office that does that is behind due to the virus. Got another letter last week informing me that I still owed for my taxes. Another hour on the phone and was told that it must have been deposited in the wrong place and my account wasn't credited. Now I have to make an appointment with the office in Houma and bring a copy of the front and back of the check so they can see where they put the funds and correct it. And you can't just show up, have to make an appointment.

On Target

User Info Menu

Can't wait until federal gov't takes over healthcare. It won't at all be like the IRS or DMV.
    Last edited by AndyG; February 25th, 2021 at 08:46 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Funny how that works: someone else screws up and you have to fix it for them. Our government is so incompetent!
    One team, one mission, only one result! Seals 1 Bin Laden 0

CoonAss

User Info Menu

Bring an invoice for your recorded time dealing with their F-up.
    Overkill is Underrated

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Ha, I paid them in May 2020,The check just cleared Jan.2021
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 3fifty7 View Post
    Bring an invoice for your recorded time dealing with their F-up.
    I asked if they would pay any bank fees for the copy of the check. She told me I could fill out a form, but they probably wouldn't pay me back. The bank didn't charge me.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The state is no better. I filed an amended tax return in late summer, which resulted from a redistribution of tax from MS to LA. So they got more money, and charged me for late payment. MS even charged me for some reason! Although the change was in the summer and I just pay every letter they send me, I have paid relatively small amounts 3 times since I paid the tax due! Will it ever end? My accountant said we can argue but fighting will cost more than you would save. I guess it is better to owe taxes than be broke...

Marksman

User Info Menu

I checked it this morning with intentions of making an appointment if necessary. They cleared the tax amount, but left the penalties and interest. Guess I have to call them back. It's only $2.18, but they making it personal.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I just pay them what I owe without issues.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Some years ago the IRS claimed a mistake was made and we owed a little over $400 plus intrest and late fees from about 4 years prior. As luck would have it that year we had recieved a $700 overpayment refund for the year in dispute. But since I could not find that years paperwork to document our records we were forced to pay up. .................................... drill sgt.