Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Iíve been completely ATandT free for over a year now. Hallelujah. But that Lily tho...
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

User Info Menu

LILY

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Lily is from Uzbekistan . And gorgeous .
    I repeat her name every time I see her til the spot is over ; then think ; " am I a dirty old man " ,but beauty is timeless/ageless !!!
    Last edited by BIGLOST; March 3rd, 2021 at 10:48 AM. Reason: miss spelling
    NEVER THE LEAST MEASURE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST MEASURE OF SECURITY

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    Says that as of April they are going to start requiring the use of area code with local calls.
    And be done makeing them all will be done by October.
    So even calling the home next to us will require area code be used.
    What is the technical reason for requiring the area code on local calls?
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Last post.....eye candy!! YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

tactical hangover

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbazine View Post
    I was at the GOHSEP meeting when that little tidbit about AT&T taking out vital emergency communications infrastructure came in. I can assure you that you're not the only person that wants them to go pound sand.

Yet, they still gotcha with first net.. lol

tactical hangover

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    What is the technical reason for requiring the area code on local calls?
    has to do with the way switching network uses npa and nnx for routing.
    its coupled with in some areas we could assume npa and auto populate it for you, but now with some other things needed, it may misroute a call without it.. We can no longer assume ..lol

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    Says that as of April they are going to start requiring the use of area code with local calls.
    And be done makeing them all will be done by October.
    So even calling the home next to us will require area code be used.
    Why does this matter to you? Just curious. I see it as a "so what?" type thing
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It only in a couple of area codes that use the 933 prefix. example 504-933-XXXX. 933 will become a national suicide hot line like 911. 504 is one, the other is southwest Louisiana. If you don't live in one of those nothing changes.
    Last edited by buttanic; March 5th, 2021 at 08:12 AM.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Marksman

User Info Menu

Letter from AT&T today

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Why does this matter to you? Just curious. I see it as a "so what?" type thing
    It could be a generational thing. Older people tend to use real phones (not mobile) when they are available.

The phone company keeps moving the ball. For my parents (in their 90ís) and others thatís confusing.

There are still people who dial numbers from memory and have to press all the numbers to make a phone call. They arenít making a call from a smartphone contact list.

In my own lifetime itís gone from 5 numbers to 7 numbers to what I gather will be 10 (or 11). Will we eventually have to dial ď001Ē (USA country code)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SouthernUnderGod; March 7th, 2021 at 05:23 PM.

XD-GEM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernUnderGod View Post
    There are still people who dial numbers from memory and have to press all the numbers to make a phone call. The aren’t making a call from a smartphone contact list.
    Older or younger person, everyone should memorize a few phone numbers in case you're ever arrested. In jail you will not be given access to your smartphone. The best way to memorize those numbers is to dial them by hand each time, even though the phone could do it faster. 10 digits makes that even harder.