Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Firearms & Marijuana Do Not Go Together.

Reminder: Even Where Itís Legal, Marijuana Use Eliminates Your Gun Rights
    February 27, 2021

During the visit, Holmes led the investigators to a safe that contained a semi-automatic handgun. Holmes told the agents that his other 20 guns had been stolen along with his motherís sport-utility vehicle when he left the vehicle running with the guns in the back seat, according to the prosecutor. He and his mother had reported those thefts to East Hartford police three days earlier.
    The agents told Holmes that his illegal use of marijuana made it illegal for him to possess guns, and they took possession of the semi-automatic handgun. Holmes filled out paperwork consenting to the ďforfeitureĒ of the gun to the ATF.
    He pleaded guilty in October 2019 to possession of a firearm by an illegal user of a controlled substance.
    The two sides agreed at that time that federal sentencing guidelines called for Holmes to receive a sentence in the range of 10 to 16 months in prison, although a federal probation officer later computed a guideline range of 18 to 24 monthsí imprisonment.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Reminder: Even Where Itís Legal, Marijuana Use Eliminates Your Gun Rights
    February 27, 2021

During the visit, Holmes led the investigators to a safe that contained a semi-automatic handgun. ...
    The agents told Holmes that his illegal use of marijuana made it illegal for him to possess guns, and they took possession of the semi-automatic handgun.
    You state "Even Where It's Legal....", but the quoted language talked about his "illegal use". While marijuana is still illegal federally, when and how does that affect gun rights? Isn't a conviction required? Are the feds prosecuting people for marijuana use?
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Smarter than the average bear.

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Says illegal drugs and weed on the 4473
    If you check yes you win the big razoo prize.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Federal law says it is "illegal" regardless what any state or local law says. If the "feds" want to push it just remember "do the crime then do the time". ......................................... drill sgt.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

First off I do not smoke pot or condone smoking pot nor do I think it should be leagl to do so . That said if they put you in prison for Just having a gun in the safe and not on your person while under the influence they were looking really hard for an excuse to put you away for something they can't prove. Sounds more like a plea .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

They should let people trade in their guns for bongs...that would solve everything

*Banned*

User Info Menu

There must be a weed problem when gun shops put up sign's like this one? This is on a door locally btw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210225_145532.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	249.9 KB 
ID:	103665  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    There must be a weed problem when gun shops put up sign's like this one? This is on a door locally btw.
    Holy sh!t. This is a great sign. I know a great place for a sign just like this. Might just put it up tomorrow. If the sign doesn't work... may as well buy stock in Febreze.

I can hear it now: "Man, sheeit dat ain't me bruh. I dunt smoke no weed man" as ole saggy pants waddles out duh door.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Wait a minute whats going on here? What happened to any gun law is an infringement? Lol I’m not a smoker so it doesn’t bother me.

Damn now do I sound like the guys who said bump stocks were useless anyway? Lol