Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudzinski View Post
    Wait a minute whats going on here? What happened to any gun law is an infringement? Lol Iím not a smoker so it doesnít bother me.

Damn now do I sound like the guys who said bump stocks were useless anyway? Lol
    Would you be for allowing heroin dealers to posses guns ?
    How about convicted murderers ? I believe the second protects law abiding citizens not criminals .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    How about convicted murderers ? I believe the second protects law abiding citizens not criminals .

We are supposed to be hanging or chopping off the drug dealers/murderers heads not playing with em ?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

How about convicted murderers ? I believe the mk second protects law abiding citizens not criminals .

What would make you assume enough to ask me anything like that after reading my post? I think you were missing the sarcasm in my post?

On Target

User Info Menu

Weed laws are going to be used as sudo gun control. You watch when it gets legalized on a Federal Level.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The latest 4473 (and many prior versions) has this question:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
    If you check "no" to that box and you're lying, then you're guilty of a felony. Here's the fine print:

I also understand that making any false oral or written statement, or exhibiting any false or misrepresented identification with respect to this transaction, is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law.
    Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

We all felonys if they drig test as far back as high school.

Unless you didn't inhale?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    We all felonys if they drig test as far back as high school.
    Read the question again carefully. It's worded in the present tense. I doubt the ATF cares about the toke you took 30 years ago in high school.

Here's a link to the actual article:

https://news.yahoo.com/east-hartford...160300215.html

Dude was regularly using marijuana and owned a gun, clearly in violation of federal law. He either lied on the 4473 or started smoking after he bought the gun ... but in any event it's a clear felony.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I must have missed it for sure . The any gun law is an infringement question was the reason for my question .

Marksman

User Info Menu

Do the existing laws prevent heroin dealers or convicted murders from possessing guns?

I don't see this as an issue with our gun laws. It is an issue with our criminal justice system, as in why the hell are H dealers and convicted murders NOT in prison? And the failure of CJ system should NOT be used as an excuse to INFRINGE upon 2A rights!
    Last edited by Horrible; March 13th, 2021 at 09:28 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Horrible View Post
    Do the existing laws prevent heroin dealers or convicted murders from possessing guns?

I don't see this as an issue with our gun laws. It is an issue with our criminal justice system, as in why the hell are H dealers and convicted murders NOT in prison? And the failure of CJ system should NOT be used as an excuse to INFRINGE upon 2A rights!
    That's for sure ,I get mad every time the news story starts off " the gunman has 12 previous conversations " we need more prisons and less gun laws

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk