CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

WANTED: Real world feedback G44 vs SR22 vs TX22

I'm not interested in what sponsored YouTube cowboys have to say about the free pistol they're doing a review on. I care more about what people who spend their own cash on a 22lr trainer and then use it purposefully on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance for constructive feedback.
    Really?

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I bought the TX-22 after reading several reviews, I normally wouldn't buy a Taurus but this gun made me a believer. It shoots great, no malfunction other than when I tried subsonics I had 1 failure to eject, never had another issue. After several hundred rounds of high velocity, I'm impressed. I put a fiber optic front sight on it and bought 4 more mags.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # FY-55195
    NRA # 138603535

Gunlover

Silver Member

User Info Menu

I've had an sr 22 for 5 + years
    Thousands of rounds (around 5k)
    No issues that weren't ammo related
    I (try) clean it every 500 rds or as it starts to cycle slower from buildup.

Excellent little fun gun , wife loves it

I give it 5 gold bullets !
    Do or do not
    There is no try !
    Master Yoda

Marksman

User Info Menu

TX 22 is the best .22lr pistol I’ve come across.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

No experience with the Taurus but did recently get a G44 for my kid. If you are a Glock owner, itís a great training tool since itís modeled directly after the G19. First range trip was bad, would only cycle quality high velocity ammo (CCI MiniMag). Lots of FTF issues but powered through ~200 rounds. Gave it a good cleaning and lubing and next range trip it ran 100% even with bulk stuff and subsonics (Gemtech).

Very happy overall, but at the end of the day it just performs like a solid basic .22LR and great training tool if youíre a Glock shooter. My Ruger 22/45 Lite is a much more ďfunĒ plinker. No experience with the Taurus but Iíve heard good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marksman

User Info Menu

My rankings:

1. Taurus TX22-eats all the 22s without any hiccups.

2. Ruger SR22-eats most 22s, firing pin broke and Ruger had it taken care of within 1 week.

3. Glock 44-Had lots of failures to feed from most 22. Sold it.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    I bought the TX-22 after reading several reviews, I normally wouldn't buy a Taurus but this gun made me a believer. It shoots great, no malfunction other than when I tried subsonics I had 1 failure to eject, never had another issue. After several hundred rounds of high velocity, I'm impressed. I put a fiber optic front sight on it and bought 4 more mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstudzinski View Post
    TX 22 is the best .22lr pistol I’ve come across.
    I have to agree with you guys. I love my 22 auto pistols.
    I’ve shot the Glock and it does have a good full sized feel. I like my Beretta 92 a little better, but I’m on my second Taurus TX and for my dollars I dubbed it the best handgun trainer. It’s missing the weight that I appreciate with the Beretta, but the size and trigger pull and feedback make it feel like something between a FN 509 and a Smith M and P shield. 16 round factory mags are a plus. I’ve yet to have one malfunction with either of them, although I’ve only fired the new one a couple hundred rounds. So far I’ve successfully run federal bulk, CCI minimags, Aguila standard and Remmy thunderbolts through the older one and I feel pretty confident that it will consume most any brand 22LR on the market.
    I remember the Glock seemed to have a little more weight and we actually had a few hiccups with federal auto match ammo. Switched to CCI and it ran like a champ.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

On Target

User Info Menu

I like my tx22. It doesn’t like high velocity ammo however. It gobbles any standard velocity load I’ve found. I shoot steel challenge with it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad your pistols have seen thousands of rounds to support your reports.

Now to hunt for a TX22...
    Really?

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I have no experience with the SR22 or G44, but the TX-22 is the only Taurus worth buying. It’s a great little .22lr pistol.