Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Moles

Marksman

User Info Menu

Moles

So I have a mole problem. They are tearing up my yard. Every day there are more and more trails. Some large enough to trip over, and when it rains, if you step on one, you will sink up to your ankle. I have a mole trap, but it only works if they use the same tunnel over and over. I get up in the morning and look for new tunnels and set the trap. The next day, new trails and no mole in the trap. I have dogs in the yard, so no poison.

Ideas?

*Banned*

User Info Menu

I have heard of some kind of electronic/electric wire fencing devices/barriers to put up a perimeter in one's yard to keep them out/away. Kind of like an electric fence type of system like is used for livestock. I dont remember the company or if it actually works but, a search on the net might give you some results of info on the system or the companies that may be producing them. Good luck, I hope you get the issue sorted out.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

Watch the last 5 minutes of Caddyshack. It'll give you some ideas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gopher.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	104063

There is no problem that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives

Or-a-var Go-feer!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Someone recommended castor oil in the holes to me, but never tried it. We used a fumigant coupled with the trap that kills them with some success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampfoxx View Post
    So I have a mole problem. They are tearing up my yard. Every day there are more and more trails. Some large enough to trip over, and when it rains, if you step on one, you will sink up to your ankle. I have a mole trap, but it only works if they use the same tunnel over and over. I get up in the morning and look for new tunnels and set the trap. The next day, new trails and no mole in the trap. I have dogs in the yard, so no poison.

Ideas?
    I have used Moth Balls in the trails for many years and they work. I also throw a few in my flower bed to keep them out.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I was gonna suggest some subsonic 22lr, but damn, that looks like fun.

On Target

User Info Menu

Is it tunnels or holes? Maybe fill the holes but one and the fill it with water

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I've never tried this but.....Some old timers pour about a quart of gasoline in the tunnel under the belief the fumes settle to the bottom and suffocate the lil buggers !

Gas cost's to much nowadays !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Haven't seen any holes, only tunnels.