Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moles

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampfoxx View Post
    Haven't seen any holes, only tunnels.
    Fill in the tunnels with water and they will learn. 5 gallon bucket for one part and a water hose for the second entry. Turn it on and wait a moment and then fill the second hole with the bucket.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My wifeís uncle was an entomologist (pest control). He told us that the reason we had moles was that there were grub worms. He recommended a spray followed by a broadcast insecticide. A couple of weeks later, the moles were gone. I donít recall the insecticide names but I suspect a nursery could recommend something. I have no real way to know how it works, just that it worked for us. For all I know, the insecticide killed the moles. I was told it was safe for pets and kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Propane
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Propane
    Nooo bruh, You seen the video where the dork blew up his back yard almost taking out the family dog?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I've never tried this but.....Some old timers pour about a quart of gasoline in the tunnel under the belief the fumes settle to the bottom and suffocate the lil buggers !

Gas cost's to much nowadays !
    Carbon monoxide would work better, it's heavier than air. Connect a hose from a car exhaust and stick it in the hole.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Add a couple of Yorkies or Jack Russel Terriers to your family. That should take care of the problem.
    Last edited by MetalVendor; March 12th, 2021 at 09:26 AM.
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Nooo bruh, You seen the video where the dork blew up his back yard almost taking out the family dog?
    Big difference between propane and acetylene Gator.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MetalVendor View Post
    Add a couple of Yorkies or Jack Russel Terriers to your family. That should take care of the problem.
    Believe it or not, a Dachshund is one of the best rooting mole killers out there. I’ve seen one in action. That nose and tremendous overbite comes in handy.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

You sure?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Shooter

User Info Menu

acetylene has a really wide range of flammability in the hydrocarbon family, like 2.5 to 80% by volume in air. This is super uncommon in HC gases. I remember this from my industrial fire fighting training @ Texas A&M and LSU. Many classes over 29 years.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana