CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1022

shootist

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I went over to Lafayette today to buy a kayak at Pack & Paddle. Stopped by the Academy on Louisiana Ave to get a paddle. They didn't have the one I wanted but they had a Ruger 1022 with a really nice walnut stock. I resisted buying it, but then went to the Academy on Siegen to get the paddle I wanted and they also had the 1022. The stock is nicer than any of the cheap .22's I've seen. Could not resist again. Only $249.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keep your meathook off the boom button

Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That's a fun investment.
    ďWe Sackett boys never killed anything we didn't need to eat unless it was coming at us.Ē

User Info Menu

If you can find anything to shoot in it.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Redd508 and I were in there looking at those, Nice score !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Cant go wrong with a 10/22 I just recently picked up my second one from academy not too long ago. Ironically I drove two hours to the Academy in Lafayette on Louisiana Ave since it was the only one near me at any Academy location and I didnít want to pay an overinflated price.

the one with the black hogue stock is my first one and the stock carbine model is my second I recently picked up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Monolithic Mentor

User Info Menu

The stocks on those 10/22's are not walnut. It's some kind of mystery hardwood stained with walnut color. Still a good deal for these times at $249.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I bought the same model from the one in Hammond before Christmas. All the guns I have and didn't have a .22 rifle. Was having a coon problem with my chickens. Thought about using the suppressed AR, but didn't want to make coon soup, so I got the 10/22. I just bought several BX-25 mags for it as well.

Oldie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hunter5567 View Post
    The stocks on those 10/22's are not walnut. It's some kind of mystery hardwood stained with walnut color. Still a good deal for these times at $249.

It is a shame that Ruger stopped using walnut for 10/22 stocks. I purchased mine in the early 1970's and it came with an authentic walnut stock. I would assume they wanted to keep the costs down, The new one's aren't as nice looking but they perform the same. It is still a fine rifle.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." T. Roosevelt

God Bless & Help America

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hunter5567 View Post
    Ruger primarily uses Birch for the standard 10/22 wood stock. They did have a run of laminate stocks for a few years and they do still use walnut in some of the higher end sporters and such.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have owned several ,all but my present one were very accurate. My present one has a sporter stock that came with a red kick pad .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk