Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

2021 car alarm ideas

I did a search and found some older recommendations, mostly for Viper with Mikes audio and Davidís audio recommended for installation. Iím in BR area and have a new GMC Sierra. It sounds like GMs security can be defeated pretty easily, so I was looking for an aftermarket system. Any recommendations?
    (I have read that GMís OnStar, at least on older models can be easily over ridden and now thieves are using technology to relay your key fob data to open and start your car. Apparently a Faraday container for the key fob will prevent that!)

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Ignition disconnect via a toggle switch hidden under the dash,

Other that pull the plate off and drive a Ford under it....lol Just kidding about the plate.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bmash View Post
    I did a search and found some older recommendations, mostly for Viper with Mikes audio and Davidís audio recommended for installation. Iím in BR area and have a new GMC Sierra. It sounds like GMs security can be defeated pretty easily, so I was looking for an aftermarket system. Any recommendations?
    (I have read that GMís OnStar, at least on older models can be easily over ridden and now thieves are using technology to relay your key fob data to open and start your car. Apparently a Faraday container for the key fob will prevent that!)
    I would say the chances of someone using a device to bypass your alarm in BR is very very rare. Main thing is keep valuables out of sight and keep it locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    I would say the chances of someone using a device to bypass your alarm in BR is very very rare. Main thing is keep valuables out of sight and keep it locked.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Agree. I bought a console safe to help with the smash and grab. My only real concern is hunting trips out of state with my dogs. Many hotels won’t allow inside so they occasionally have to stay in the truck in kennels. I worry that I’ll walk outside in some other state and find everything gone.
    A kill switch has been mentioned in a lot of my research.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I put a battery disconnect switch on the Kubota's, It's keyed, You can by-pass it but it takes 15 minutes or more if you know what you're looking for.

The PTO? I engage it, Dash lights up but no juice to the starter...
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

David’s CB and electronics is what they used to go by, lol.
    I rocked a Viper system in a 92 firebird formula and had good results but that was many moons ago. Ignition kill switch hidden well if you’re worried about theft of the vehicle itself and or one of the smartphone controlled alarm systems to track and or shut down the vehicle. Otherwise see Motor’s post about combatting smash and grab.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you are a DIY kin dof person you can order an alarm from Crutchfield and they send you a pretty comprehensive how to install guide plus if you call they can walk you through any issues you have. I used them a few times. I haven't done it lately though. I thought most newer cars used rolling codes so that people can just scan your FOB because if they did the old code would be useless.

What's This For Again

User Info Menu

I think you watched gone in 60 secs one too many times. Just keep it locked, try and park in well lit areas, I wouldn't leave valuables in the console safe overnight. You can't prevent everything just mitigate.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by falshooter View Post
    Always good for a laugh