Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Cell phone provider options?

I am so fed up with AT&T's cell service.
    My grievances are many.
    Very poor customer service, piss poor reception after implementing 5G, expensive, long contracts, PC policies and the straw that broke my back is the update to our contract. I'm done with them.
    This brings me here to learn from the collective BS members. What are your experience and recommendations with viable options...
    My profile.
    I don't use a lot of data.
    I need a phone that works most of the time and sends text to the number I used, not someone else. This has happened to me a few times lately.
    I travel in off the beaten places occasionally.
    We currently use Iphones. One is paid for and the other is still on a contract.
    Our current bill is near $120.00 without the "installment" phone payment.
    I would love to switch to a provider whom shares my conservative views.
    All the ads sound good yet a homely girl all dolled up can look great too.
    I'm a pistol packing vegetarian. I believe in keeping my options open.

Oldie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Verizon offers a 10% Veterans discount. No problems with service and billing. Cannot compare recent AT&T and Verizon service as I left them several decades ago.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." T. Roosevelt

God Bless & Help America

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Thank you but I've never served. Good info for those who can use it.
    I'm a pistol packing vegetarian. I believe in keeping my options open.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Verizon and surprisingly T-Mobile.

AT&T is a powerhouse and doesn’t care about their customers.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have been with Tracfone for years and have been happy with them. I use my phone for calls and texts only and no web surfing but I can if I wish to do so. I dont know if your current phones will be able to be switched over to their service though. I hope you find a service that you will be happy with.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Check out Consumer Cellular, very affordable.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paddle007 View Post
    Thank you but I've never served. Good info for those who can use it.
    I had almost every service AT&T offered for a few years but I’ve had a cell phone account with them since the early 90’s (Bell South Mobility, then Cingular, yada yada) and dropped them completely
    over a year ago for Verizon (cable/net/landline through another provider) and I’m pleased. Better coverage and less cost. There were some hiccups for the first couple months and I had to call them a few times about billing and ultimately went with paper to avoid the issue they were having, but smooth sailing thereafter.
    I absolutely couldn’t wait to get out from under AT&T and they made it as difficult as possible to cancel and even threatened to report me to the credit bureau over $5 they finally realized I did not owe them. AT&T can rot for all I care.
    Last edited by Magdump; March 27th, 2021 at 04:14 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

I use Spectrum Mobile and am very happy. I pay by the gig and my bill is $42 a month for three phones for three gigs. If we go over, it's an extra $14 a gig.

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I also dropped AT&T several years ago. I switched to Verizon and haven't looked back I have 5 lines including my Ipad. My Ipad is used to surf the web away from a WIFI, and I use it with Foreflight when I'm flying my plane for flight planning and inflight weather and navigation.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # FY-55195
    NRA # 138603535

XD-GEM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

You might want to check all of your other User Agreements with any other services, credit cards, streaming providers, etc. Almost every one of them is going to arbitration.