Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Was a AT&T customer for 35 years (home landline/and/2 cell phone) till the way we were treated after the 2016 Flood Event. After telling them several times to go pound sand and would be calling my attorney to get the problem resolved because of the run around and straight up lies and to stop contacting me to renew our service. Absolutely refuse to have anything to do with any company associated in any way with AT&T. 1 1/2 years ago upon returning from a grocery shopping trip AT&T had dug a 3ft deep trench across the front of our yard with no prior warning so as to lay some type of fiber optic cable. Complained to corperate as well as the actual workers Almost daily for two weeks before it was finally covered up. .................................................. .................. drill sgt.
    Last edited by drill sgt; March 27th, 2021 at 09:01 PM.

On Target

User Info Menu

Why do you think “arbitration” will have any real effect?

Marksman

User Info Menu

AT&T and any other company associated in any way with AT&T can go pound sand due to the way we were treated after the flood of 2016. Loyal customer for 35 years. Now could care less. ...They have grown to big for their own good. Corperate greed and screw the customer as much as they can............................................... ............................... drill sgt.
    Last edited by drill sgt; March 27th, 2021 at 09:12 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drill sgt View Post
    AT&T and any other company associated in any way with AT&T can go pound sand due to the way we were treated after the flood of 2016. Loyal customer for 35 years. Now could care less. ...They have grown to big for their own good. Corperate greed and screw the customer as much as they can............................................... ............................... drill sgt.
    I,TOO, STARTED WITH THE OLD bBELLSOUTH MOBILITY IN THE 80S ( @ $0.35 per minute )UNTILL a couple of years ago when I moved 1/2 mile to be next to my 92 year old mother;guess what ATT would not work reliable at either of our houses; switched to Verizon, now have 4 or 5 bars of service and no more complaints

The other cheaper, walmart serices, etc have to use ATT o Verizin lines and equipment; thr problem is that the lower priced carriers do not have access to all of their lines, just mainlines in the cities and along major roadway
    you need att or verizon for all of thelittle out of the way areas not traveled as much

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    I,TOO, STARTED WITH THE OLD bBELLSOUTH MOBILITY IN THE 80S ( @ $0.35 per minute )UNTILL a couple of years ago when I moved 1/2 mile to be next to my 92 year old mother;guess what ATT would not work reliable at either of our houses; switched to Verizon, now have 4 or 5 bars of service and no more complaints

The other cheaper, walmart serices, etc have to use ATT o Verizin lines and equipment; thr problem is that the lower priced carriers do not have access to all of their lines, just mainlines in the cities and along major roadway
    you need att or verizon for all of thelittle out of the way areas not traveled as much
    That's interesting. I wondered if there was a trade off with switching to another provider using the same towers.
    I'm a pistol packing vegetarian. I believe in keeping my options open.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I switched to Spectrum and cut my bill in half.

On Target

User Info Menu

I switched to verizon, kept my number that I've had since cingular.

5g is hit and miss where I am, but I have 4g almost everywhere. Its like $95 a month, but my data is truely unlimited, no fees no throttling. My phone is my wifi for watching hulu and youtube at home and at the camp.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I pay $19.95 for 3 months with tracfone. If I dont use up all my minutes or data, they all roll over to the next time period that I pay the next $19.95.

On Target

User Info Menu

I'm now a consumer cellular user. No contract. Let me keep my old number. Several plans and phones available. I get good service.
    Before that I used Virgin Mobile and they were bought out by Boost. I was going to change providers anyway, but after I saw Boost posting political rhetoric I didn't agree with I went to Consumer Cellular. Been good.

Been there, done that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paddle007 View Post
    I am so fed up with AT&T's cell service.
    My grievances are many.
    Very poor customer service, piss poor reception after implementing 5G, expensive, long contracts, PC policies and the straw that broke my back is the update to our contract. I'm done with them.
    This brings me here to learn from the collective BS members. What are your experience and recommendations with viable options...
    My profile.
    I don't use a lot of data.
    I need a phone that works most of the time and sends text to the number I used, not someone else. This has happened to me a few times lately.
    I travel in off the beaten places occasionally.
    We currently use Iphones. One is paid for and the other is still on a contract.
    Our current bill is near $120.00 without the "installment" phone payment.
    I would love to switch to a provider whom shares my conservative views.
    All the ads sound good yet a homely girl all dolled up can look great too.
    I've had Verizon for years. I've never had a dropped call, never a texting problem as you describe. I've never experienced a dead spot coverage area. My wife and I own our phones outright and have had no contract for years. We currently pay $95.08, which includes all fees and taxes, for 3g shared data. I've not had a problem with customer service.