Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Response in Classifieds.

I don’t know everyone’s schedule, so I don’t expect immediate replies. I don’t consider myself or others “retailers”, rather individuals with the same hobby, specifically guns. Proper response time is subjective and governed by individual circumstances. Respond within a day, or I’ll assume no interest. However I do consider some sort of response at some point the right thing to do.

What I don’t like is, “I’m interested in your gun, but I can get it online for...” No one knows what I have in my gun and what I’d like to get back on it. I’ve bought poorly at times. If I see a gun I want but it’s on the high end I’ll pass by and move on.

I don’t feel bound to sell it to anyone other than the guy who offers what I’m asking and will travel. If you can get it cheaper online, by all means. If I can’t sell mine I’ll lower price or keep it.

For fun, some things that make me chuckle:

- For “sell”
    - 500$
    - Brand new, only 100 rounds through it
    - “I don’t want your junk...”, “no trades so don’t ask...” BE FRIENDLY
    - stories on why someone is selling his gun, ammo, etc., unless asked. “My wife is making me sell, so we can get a new couch...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Strick8; March 30th, 2021 at 09:58 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    Even the NOPD doesn't respond in less than 40 minutes.
    LOL! This thread is hilarious. I'm still not sure if OP was serious.

On Target
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

One of the comments we get is how happy people are that we can do same day turnaround on work. We generally work with appointments and rarely have people waiting around for theirs. That seems to get us a lot of positive feedback in today's Amazon Prime attitude days.

This seems to be the same trend on this thread. We get so accustomed to the immediate feedback loop that we expect it in every aspect of the day. Hard to break the loop too.

We even offer as a tongue in cheek "Amazon Prime jump the line" fee of $50.00 for us to drop whatever project we are on and work on the customers guns immediately. So far no one has taken it, lol
    Advanced Laser Engraving of Louisiana
    sales@advancedlaseroflouisiana.com
    Insta - advancedlaser_of_la

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davidd View Post
    Believe it or not, but some of us don't even look at this cr@p on our phones...
    Yeah, This.

The only browsers I use are on my laptop and desktop. Even texting on a smartphone is major time-consuming pain that I rarely have time or patience for. Even tho I'm retired and on my property most of the time, it may be quite a while before I come in the house and sit in front of the computer, log into BS and respond to a PM. I believe 24-36 hours is a good time to expect a response.
    "Incrementalism" (Lingchi) is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is an action that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Dang Motor, that’s aggravating. They’d just have to ban me as well before I bend that far. I try to be as patient and understanding as possible regardless who’s selling but I have my limits like everyone else.
    And me being the nice guy I am I offered to PayPal him the $20 difference in my price and an online price so he could get a brand new one. Wasn’t good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Not mad, but when you post in the classifieds you should be able to respond in a timely manner.
    40 minutes isn't a long time when you think about it. Some people are old school and don't carry a phone with them everywhere, nor do they let it live their life. Heck, some people only get on here on a computer. And if you're not sitting at a computer all day every day, you don't think about it.
    “You pick up a gun to shoot to kill. Or you don’t pick up a gun.”

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RedStickChick View Post
    40 minutes isn't a long time when you think about it. Some people are old school and don't carry a phone with them everywhere, nor do they let it live their life. Heck, some people only get on here on a computer. And if you're not sitting at a computer all day every day, you don't think about it.
    If you are selling something you should probably think about it. I believe that’s the point of JBPs thread. If you’re not one of those who check regularly then post times when you are available.

Censored by "them"

Expert in the field of wife avoidance

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    If you are selling something you should probably think about it. I believe that’s the point of JBPs thread. If you’re not one of those who check regularly then post times when you are available.

Even though I do not follow any forum on my phone, I do agree with this from the perspective of providing good customer service. When I first post a sell add, I do try to follow up throughout that first day as much as possible. Minutes? Probably not. A few hours? Yeah, I'd probably see it and reply by then.

After that first day, you might wait a little bit for a reply.
    USPSA #A74215

Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RedStickChick View Post
    I get on here mostly to post up my intellectual value, Which is mostly in the red....
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

A+ thread. Would read again.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.