Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a twenty year old Maytag washer and dryer. I may never get rid of them, they are simple to repair but rarely need repair. They are original Maytag not the ones made now after Maytag got bought by Whirlpool.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    Repairing a dryer is a piece of cake compared to working on a washing machine
    Nah or rather Okay pop's, I put a NEW belt tensioner pulley in mine around 2-24-21, Swapped it out again yesterday....Made in Chi-com
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

BSGA

User Info Menu

Mine is trying to speak to a customer service representative for an American company, and I end up having to speak to some Pakistani at a call center half way around the world. And that person can't speak english in any meaningful way! What a crock! "Customer Service" my a**!

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Having been repairing cars for the last 50'ish years I can totally agree with the "sometimes" statement.
    I replaced the secondary ignition components on this 63 Stingray. I knew it was going to be a challenge but I forgot to put a capital C on that word. The shields that cover the ignition wires running along the block have one mounting hole that goes between the mount and the block. The edges of the shields are made from serrated knifes.
    I have always laughed about the blood samples and DNA I have left on cars.

I know this next one is not American Iron but it does reflect the early era of carbs and emissions. What a PITA. I rebuilt the carb and was very happy with how it ran. Until it got hot and started flooding. The fuel tank canister would fill with gasoline. Someone replaced the vacuum hoses and crossed some of them. Luckily the hose routing decal was still there.
    Took some ball scratching to fix this one.

I'm a pistol packing vegetarian. I believe in keeping my options open.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Those are awesome rides right there !!!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Yall seen the lint I pulled from the vent,Talk about a fire hazard !!!
    With customary foot shot included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210401_142027.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	104747  

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paddle007 View Post
    Having been repairing cars for the last 50'ish years I can totally agree with the "sometimes" statement.
    I replaced the secondary ignition components on this 63 Stingray. I knew it was going to be a challenge but I forgot to put a capital C on that word. The shields that cover the ignition wires running along the block have one mounting hole that goes between the mount and the block. The edges of the shields are made from serrated knifes.
    I have always laughed about the blood samples and DNA I have left on cars.

I know this next one is not American Iron but it does reflect the early era of carbs and emissions. What a PITA. I rebuilt the carb and was very happy with how it ran. Until it got hot and started flooding. The fuel tank canister would fill with gasoline. Someone replaced the vacuum hoses and crossed some of them. Luckily the hose routing decal was still there.
    Took some ball scratching to fix this one.

Dang bro! That old fuelie motor is something ya just donít see anymore. And I canít see that second one for all the crap in the way, lol! 2F motor?
    Last edited by Magdump; April 3rd, 2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    GSW’s. Especially gut and liver.
    And they’ve always just finished a McDonalds super sized meal with chocolate shake just prior to receiving said GSW...
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    And they’ve always just finished a McDonalds super sized meal with chocolate shake just prior to receiving said GSW...
    Haha! Or worse!
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

On Target

User Info Menu

80's cars, especially early ones with electronic carburetors.

New stuff can suck pretty bad, but I'd rather pull a fender well out to change a belt than deal with 328 vacuum ports, switches and hoses.