Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Many of the good brands are fine for hunting or range guns but you definitely need one of the always on ones for a defensive gun like the Holosuns Or RMR

Old School

User Info Menu

"always on"....Good Point!! Kind of like carrying with an empty chamber??!! (Dumb)
    "How did you learn to shoot like that!!??....."Practice!!"

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Final. You Must Learn to be Slow in a Hurry"......Wyatt Earp

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have an old C-More that worked great on a 44mag. I just donít shoot it much since I got my 454. A few RMRs (on the 454 casull, a 10mm, and on a 45 Colt. I also have a couple of MROs. on ARs. I have never had an issue with any of them. I bought a sig 365xl and was looking at a compact sight. A name that came up which I donít think anybody has mentioned is Shield sights. A British company that has been around for a long time and I believe sell to British military. Price was a lot better than the compact RMR, but I havenít bought anything yet. Any first hand experience with these?
    Last edited by Bmash; May 4th, 2021 at 11:27 AM. Reason: MRO not SRO

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I’ve relied heavily on American Defense Manufacturing for mounting needs especially with the MRD’s. They’re good folks and they make great products and seem to keep up to date with all the new optics coming out. I’ve never had any problems getting plates to match my dots and their QD stuff sets the standard.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I’ve relied heavily on American Defense Manufacturing for mounting needs especially with the MRD’s. They’re good folks and they make great products and seem to keep up to date with all the new optics coming out. I’ve never had any problems getting plates to match my dots and their QD stuff sets the standard.
    ADM makes good stuff, but they don’t offer anything for pistol slide mounted optics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

For red dot handgun mounting solutions I would recommend https://chpws.com/

Marksman

User Info Menu

i like the forward control design, fits in there like a tight holster... very impressed with it

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...RMR_p_224.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC41598F-744E-4EA2-A184-303DC1B34C9F.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	105443  
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; May 4th, 2021 at 04:07 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The C&H precision is a better design due to the way the T-nuts provide way more thread engagement Between the plate and RMR

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    i like the forward control design, fits in there like a tight holster... very impressed with it

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...RMR_p_224.html
    For the RMR/SRO, I would highly recommend the OPF-G as well. It actually fits properly and doesn't have the same issues as their competitor's plates.

Old School

User Info Menu

Hey Y'all,

Spoke with Tony @ ADE Optics; from his offering, he suggested the RD3-011A Avenger Premium Red Dot Sight for my Ruger Mk IV 22/45.

Has the RMR footprint, comes with a picatinny mounting plate.

https://opticsfactory.com/red-dot-si...rreta/rd3-011a

Budget Priced: Your thoughts please.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by JB-Glock21; May 8th, 2021 at 09:30 AM. Reason: enhanced description
    "How did you learn to shoot like that!!??....."Practice!!"

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Final. You Must Learn to be Slow in a Hurry"......Wyatt Earp