Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Safe deposit box not so safe!!

Ran across this vid and was a little surprised (not really) at how easy the Feds can rob people. But what caught my ear was his statement about safe deposit boxes not being safe in general. He didnít elaborate so Iím not sure what he meant. Iíd like to know if they are indeed not safe, for whatever reason, as Iíve believed a safe deposit box at my bank was always the best place to safeguard certain things. Is that a myth? Please tell me what you know.

https://youtu.be/oy3623YRsMk
    Last edited by Magdump; April 16th, 2021 at 04:24 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Ask the folks who's bank flooded in 2016...

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Typical of government overreach. Violation of our rights and why we need to wring in government and hold them responsible. I believe all the things going one today is Treason and should be treated as so.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # FY-55195
    NRA # 138603535

Marksman

User Info Menu

If banks go bankrupt they can sell off the safe deposit boxes and not even notify you. They can also lose stuff from removing it. Look up wells fargo loses man's watch collection on google

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Ran across this vid and was a little surprised (not really) at how easy the Feds can rob people. But what caught my ear was his statement about safe deposit boxes not being safe in general. He didn’t elaborate so I’m not sure what he meant. I’d like to know if they are indeed not safe, for whatever reason, as I’ve believed a safe deposit box at my bank was always the best place to safeguard certain things. Is that a myth? Please tell me what you know.

You rich guys always worried about your money hunh bruh, 8 inches of dirt is much more secure and safer.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Ran across this vid and was a little surprised (not really) at how easy the Feds can rob people. But what caught my ear was his statement about safe deposit boxes not being safe in general. He didn’t elaborate so I’m not sure what he meant. I’d like to know if they are indeed not safe, for whatever reason, as I’ve believed a safe deposit box at my bank was always the best place to safeguard certain things. Is that a myth? Please tell me what you know.

Safe Deposit boxes are quite safe. What specific questions about them do you have? I worked in retail banking for a hot minute and know a thing or two.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

Marksman

User Info Menu

It's worth noting that these "safety deposit boxes" in the OP's video weren't in a bank, but were instead in a private business in a strip mall—where the owner of this business allowed people to rent them anonymously. Of course they were full of drugs, weapons and ill-gotten funds. Anyone with half a working brain cell should have known that this wasn't the best place to store one's valuables.

I'm not a huge fan of safety deposit boxes; after all, it is still ultimately under someone else's control. But I think that it's a fallacy to assume that what happened to this private business in Los Angeles is representative of safety deposit boxes as a whole. I've yet to hear of something like this happening at a bank, where the rules around safety deposit boxes tend to be much stricter.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Safe Deposit boxes are quite safe. What specific questions about them do you have? I worked in retail banking for a hot minute and know a thing or two.
    What caught my ear was what the attorney said about safe deposit boxes not being that safe.
    Yes I know this was a private security vault here in the states. May as well been a u-store-it I guess, but still, the way the Feds went about taking everyone’s boxes is not legal and if some folks think that’s ok well it should enrage you and likely would if your valuables were involved. I know that if they get away with this, it will set the stage for mass asset forfeiture on a scale that many of you could not possibly imagine. But we’ll save that for another day. I’d like to know if what I’ve decided to lock away at my bank is indeed safe or is it at risk of being confiscated by a government entity for any nonsensical reason. I’m not talking about anything illegal or illegally acquired. Simply things of value that I felt sure would be safest in a bank vault.
    I’ve never heard that a safe deposit box is not safe until now. I think my question and the info I’ve posted is ample explanation of my inquiry. Why would this guy say those words as if they are factual. What is it I don’t know about a safe deposit box?
    Last edited by Magdump; April 14th, 2021 at 09:34 AM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    It's worth noting that these "safety deposit boxes" in the OP's video weren't in a bank, but were instead in a private business in a strip mall—where the owner of this business allowed people to rent them anonymously. Of course they were full of drugs, weapons and ill-gotten funds. Anyone with half a working brain cell should have known that this wasn't the best place to store one's valuables.

I'm not a huge fan of safety deposit boxes; after all, it is still ultimately under someone else's control. But I think that it's a fallacy to assume that what happened to this private business in Los Angeles is representative of safety deposit boxes as a whole. I've yet to hear of something like this happening at a bank, where the rules around safety deposit boxes tend to be much stricter.

Mike
    See post #8

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Hmmm...

https://youtu.be/9xC3OXXO7Z8

https://youtu.be/U2JOjfGZyD0

https://youtu.be/9dIg8LE7oC0

Ok, I’ve seen enough. Found my contract. I have my answer and will act accordingly. I had no idea. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Magdump; April 14th, 2021 at 10:23 AM.