Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

legislation to ban gun silencers

Well, here it comes!!

New Jersey Democrats Sen. Bob Menendez and Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman on Thursday introduced legislation to ban gun silencers.

The 2021 Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act, which Menendez first introduced in 2019 after the Virginia Beach mass shooting that killed 12 people, bans the sale, manufacturing, importation, transfer and possession of gun silencers.

He described the bill as "commonsense legislation that will prevent armed assailants from using these deadly devices to make it easier to shoot and kill another person."

The HEAR Act would also authorize a silencer buyback program, give Americans a 90-day grace period after the legislation is enacted to comply.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...-gun-silencers

Marksman

User Info Menu

"Gun silencers are dangerous devices with one purpose and one purpose only – to muffle the sound of gunfire from unsuspecting victims," Menendez said in a Thursday statement.

Congrats - If you own one you are either already a murderer or on your way to being a murderer, there is clearly no other path.

Marksman

User Info Menu

anyone that supports this has watched to many movies. I don't think they realize the amount of noise suppression they actually provide vs what you see on TV
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

The people proposing these bills are clueless. You would think in order to make a law for something you would have to actually have some sort of basic knowledge on the subject.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krotsman View Post
    "Gun silencers are dangerous devices with one purpose and one purpose only – to muffle the sound of gunfire from unsuspecting victims," Menendez said in a Thursday statement.

Congrats - If you own one you are either already a murderer or on your way to being a murderer, there is clearly no other path.
    My parents are going to be disappointed to discover they raised a murderer. Because my trust was recently submitted. The sad part about their commonsense gun legislation is the lack of commonsense.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Someone should put a suppressor on a AR-10 and let them shoot it inside without ear protection and see if it still needs to be banned.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

LOL K.

Let's ban the thing you need to pass another background check, submit prints, pay a tax, and have approved by the AFT.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR;[URL="tel:1754019"
    1754019[/URL]]Someone should put a suppressor on a AR-10 and let them shoot it inside without ear protection and see if it still needs to be banned.
    Agreed. That would be hilarious to say the least.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Ban them. They are just a piece of metal. Just like bump stocks and braces are just pieces of plastic. They aren’t taking anyone’s firearms. Maybe they will take care of the Ghost ammunition that’s being made in peoples homes next. People can produce super duper extreme ammunition that shouldn’t be in the hands of civilians. Only LE and military.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Ban them. They are just a piece of metal. Just like bump stocks and braces are just pieces of plastic. They arenít taking anyoneís firearms. Maybe they will take care of the Ghost ammunition thatís being made in peoples homes next. People can produce super duper extreme ammunition that shouldnít be in the hands of civilians. Only LE and military.
    It will only end when we completely give up.

Something to chew on
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...