Meplat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Which is exactly how "that" works. The President of the United States has the authority to order flags to be flown at half mast. People died and he did it to honor them. Why is this a big deal?
    Absolutely. A bunch of people died who didn't need to. That is plenty of reason.

I agree it will be used against us. I worry that the callous responses and lack of solutions by the gun community is going to do more to damage our rights than where the flag is sitting today.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus McCrae View Post
    Absolutely. A bunch of people died who didn't need to. That is plenty of reason.

I agree it will be used against us. I worry that the callous responses and lack of solutions by the gun community is going to do more to damage our rights than where the flag is sitting today.
    Exactly. Americans were murdered and the President ordered the the flag of our country to be flown at half mast in the honor of the deceased. How anyone can complain about this escapes me.

Sure, things happens with an agenda, but Americans being murdered isn't the time to complain about an act of honoring them.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I guess we may as well leave it at half mast. Chicago...somebody shot to death there nearly every week.
    Last edited by Magdump; April 16th, 2021 at 10:15 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Time Traveler

User Info Menu

Which is exactly how "that" works. The President of the United States has the authority to order flags to be flown at half mast. People died and he did it to honor them. Why is this a big deal?
    It is NOT a big deal if you're 10yo, or thereabouts bc a 10yo wouldn't know the difference between a mast and a staff. It's monumental when you're half a century and you're witnessing the half staff (land based) gesture being utilized primarily to highlight "gun violence". Yet another example of politicians weaponizing our cultural icons (statues, flags, etc) and using them against us. The will of the left is not simply being imposed, it's being installed.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by foz1359 View Post
    It is NOT a big deal if you're 10yo, or thereabouts bc a 10yo wouldn't know the difference between a mast and a staff. It's monumental when you're half a century and you're witnessing the half staff (land based) gesture being utilized primarily to highlight "gun violence". Yet another example of politicians weaponizing our cultural icons (statues, flags, etc) and using them against us. The will of the left is not simply being imposed, it's being installed.
    Seriously? Do we really want to argue semantics over mast vs staff? I'm sure you knew what I meant.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

Marksman

Silver Member

User Info Menu

There was a time when the honor was reserved for those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. The honor is not as special as it once was since it now involves people who are random victims being used in a political dog and pony show.
    That is how I understand the OP in this thread.

My only real problem with this is that Biden is being a ghoul by using crime victims to push for anti-Civil Rights legislation and raise political funds from the Anti-Gun lobby(must be nice to make $500,000 a year plus free hotels and dinning just to spread misinformation.)

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    There was a time when the honor was reserved for those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. The honor is not as special as it once was since it now involves people who are random victims being used in a political dog and pony show.

My only real problem with this is that Biden is being a ghoul by using crime victims to push for anti-Civil Rights legislation and raise political funds from the Anti-Gun lobby(must be nice to make $500,000 a year plus free hotels and dinning just to spread misinformation.)
    ^^^This^^^
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I guess we may as well leave it at half mast. Chicago...somebody shot to death there nearly every week.
    Doesn't count b/c it doesn't (fit) the false narrative that they are trying to push.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The American Flag is being used as a political pawn to push a narrative. People are killed every day by the hands of drunk drivers but the victims are never honored by lowering the flags. Let’s not also forget all our service members that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I’m in no way trying to diminish the tragedy of eight Americans being slaughtered but using the flag to inflame the anti-gun grabbers is disturbing to me.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post

Preach it ...
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .