CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Texas firearms instructors oppose constitutional carry

I found this article interesting. It seems a group of LTC instructors have teamed up with anti gun groups to try to sink constitutional carry in Texas.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/gro...#axzz6sGC2StOq
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Seems they dont want money missing out of their share of the pay for rights.. I mean Concealed carry permits
    Do not bury me with flowers.. Instead bury me with the empty cases I defended my rights with !

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

So a group that makes money off of people getting permits to carry is against permitless carry. I'm sure they're against it for the children.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I found this article interesting. It seems a group of LTC instructors have teamed up with anti gun groups to try to sink constitutional carry in Texas.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/gro...#axzz6sGC2StOq
    Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/gro...#ixzz6sGQMnUit
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

They are afraid they will not make as much $$$$$.

The instructors also plead with the Legislature not to pass Constitutional Carry because it would hurt their bottom line. The group plays on the heartstrings by talking about how much the pandemic and lack of ammunition have hurt their businesses. They go on to state that HB 1911 might put some of them out of business.

The state reads: *Many small businesses have suffered because of the pandemic and the lack of ammo; we will suffer even more if you remove the LTC requirement in Texas it will put many of us out of business.*

Marksman

Silver Member

User Info Menu

It is still quite possible to market their classes. After all, it would be so much easier for people to just take the class without the annoying red tape. I remember taking a personal protection class at St Bernard Indoor as a teen before even joining the Marine Corps.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If Texans want to travel to states with reciprocity they still have to get their CCW. No doubt it’s all about the money.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    It is still quite possible to market their classes. After all, it would be so much easier for people to just take the class without the annoying red tape. I remember taking a personal protection class at St Bernard Indoor as a teen before even joining the Marine Corps.
    People won't sign up if they don't have to. Most probably don't offer a real shooting class.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I remember seeing something similar in Louisiana not too long ago.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Most people who legally concealed carry will still get a permit so they can cross state lines . Also there may be perks to getting a cc permit even if you don't have to . Maybe it could be that if cc permit you are protected from lawsuit if you are in a justified shooting or if you "forget" and go to a school function or into a government bldg with your gun and get caught and volunteer to leave there is no penalty .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    Most people who legally concealed carry will still get a permit so they can cross state lines . Also there may be perks to getting a cc permit even if you don't have to . Maybe it could be that if cc permit you are protected from lawsuit if you are in a justified shooting or if you "forget" and go to a school function or into a government bldg with your gun and get caught and volunteer to leave there is no penalty .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
    maybe? Highly unlikely in both instances. Louisiana being constitutional carry would make a ccw permit basically useless for me considering most of my traveling is to Mississippi and Alabama.