CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

Magpul BAD levers, thoughts or opinions from users.

I've been on the fence about getting one to try out, but I did. . First off I'm not one of those wanna be military types, just an average gun guy who wants the most out of his weapon. I've been wanting to train with my AR's for FTF's, jams, quick reloads etc etc. I was thinking with a little practice this could speed up a reload, but I would have to train enough to make using it a more "natural " movement that using the standard bolt release. I use dummy rounds and just keep swapping mags and dry fire to get familiar with it. Anyone else love it or hate it??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210417-180855_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	105022  
    God Bless the USA!!
    If guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns!!
    Support your 2nd Amendment rights, buy plenty of guns and ammo while you can!

I'm NOT the award winning AK guru we all love and adore, I'm just plain ole Bam Bam, maybe #2 Bam Bam, but definitely not #1bambam!

On Target
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Could be advantageous but with the limitation of continuity of training. If you have only one gun with a BAD, and that is the only gun you use then it might be a tool to speed your bolt lock reloads or stage three clearances...but...I have seen more than one shooter on firing lines I am running that have such a wide selection of devices on their different rifles, a bit of stress trips them up. I have watched them perform a bolt lock reload and their finger, that traditionally manipulates the BAD device, flipping back and forth in the air for several seconds before the brain catches up and tells them they are using a different rifle. Pretty time consuming in a battle to have your brain vapor lock because your new cool accessory is on a different rifle. Just food for thought.
    Advanced Laser Engraving of Louisiana
    sales@advancedlaseroflouisiana.com
    Insta - advancedlaser_of_la

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

AR fan since 1980, I never could see a real advantage that outweighed the extra snag hanging off the rifle. Personally, just another change that is unwarranted. Nothing broke, nothing lacking. I am a fan of the extended charging handle latch on certain AR rifles that make it easier to use the back of the thumb base or ball of my palm to charge the rifle while it’s up to my shoulder. I guess that could be considered a snag by some.
    It’s likely one of those things you’ll have to try and see if it works for you.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

On Target

User Info Menu

I am aware of a handful of ND's from serious users that were directly attributable to BAD levers. I am of the opinion that the trigger finger should only have one job. It is a great idea in theory, just doesn't cut the mustard in operation. Just my .02.
    "I have two guns, one for each of ya." - Doc Holliday

Marksman

User Info Menu

Not a fan at all but Iím sure some people love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

User Info Menu

I had one, and I ditched it. I thought it might be good for manually locking the bolt back while maintaining a firing grip on the gun, and faster for dropping the bolt, but it actually sat far enough inside the trigger well that you were reaching inside the trigger well to operate the device.

I'm much happier with the PDQ lever, even if it means cutting on the lower. There's also the lowers that dual-use the mag release to also lock the bolt, and the lowers with ejection-port side bolt releases (you can even get those features together). Not a fan of the BAD Lever.

Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

I am a fan of extended charging handles and have them on both of my Rifles since I have scopes on them. I plan on training a good bit to make it a more natural movement (muscle memory). I don't get alot of range time but can do drills simulating failures, reloads etc etc.both of my Rifles are similar, same type handguard, grip, triggers, main difference will be barrel length, ones a 16 inch and ones 18. Since they aren't alot of money, no big deal if I decide to ditch them. Thanks for all the input!
    God Bless the USA!!

I'm NOT the award winning AK guru we all love and adore, I'm just plain ole Bam Bam, maybe #2 Bam Bam, but definitely not #1bambam!

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Bill Blowers of Tap Rack Tactical and Mark Smith of JBS Training are both fans of them.

I am not. My reasons for not liking it are that I don’t find it necessary. This has and likely always will be my response to a BAD lever.

There have been documented cases of shooters failing to engage the safety on a locked bolt, inserting a magazine, and failing to positively engage the BAD lever which ultimately led to a negligent discharge. Seems farfetched, but you’re adding another control inside the trigger guard. Blame it on the BAD lever, blame it on the shooter, I don’t care. It’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

If you want a bolt release on the right side, get an ambi lower.

On Target

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I'm one of those clowns that loves them. Have one installed on each rifle. Love them from the beginning. It feel natural to me. !!!!!!!!

Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

Hopefully It will become natural and easier. If not, I'll take them off and go back to the standard way. I see an advantage of speed, but my muscle memory is use to the old way. Time to try and teach an old dog new tricks! Lol Outfitting both Rifles similarly should help with training.
    Last edited by Bam Bam; April 17th, 2021 at 09:15 PM.
    God Bless the USA!!