Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Gun Show Lamar Dixon

Went to gun show today for the first time in a year. It was the worst gun show I have been too in my life. Price Gouging is an understatement. $80 for a box of 9mm when I can get 9mm on the online now for about $25. Almost every gun was about $1000k even for things that I can get online for about $250. I know prices have increase, but not like this.

Then to top it off some scumbags stole 4 guns while I was there.

Surrounded by thieves and price gougers.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post
    Went to gun show today for the first time in a year. It was the worst gun show I have been too in my life. Price Gouging is an understatement. $80 for a box of 9mm when I can get 9mm on the online now for about $25. Almost every gun was about $1000k even for things that I can get online for about $250. I know prices have increase, but not like this.

And you had to pay to get into the gun show, As for as the scumbag thieves that stole 4 guns, securitiy must be severly lacking there. Defintiely not a gun show I would want to attend.

Gun Trust Lawyer

Premium Member

User Info Menu

A buddy and I had a table at one a few years back. The unbridled stupidity we had to deal with was enough to make a man lose all faith in humanity.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I hit the gun shows quite often in Louisiana between 1980 and 2000 when they were still great.
    Made a few between 2000 and 2010 but by then they had fallen off quite a bit.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I hit the gun shows quite often in Louisiana between 1980 and 2000 when they were still great.
    Made a few between 2000 and 2010 but by then they had fallen off quite a bit.
    I agree. Now days, one can find better prices elsewhere like online or from local dealers than at gun shows. Years ago it was the reverse but not these days so I have stopped going to gun shows in the past few years.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post

You didn't happen to see any TRP's out there did you?

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Wow! Did anyone checkout the price quotes for State Farm Insurance? And boy were those some nice handbags? Anyone else check out the Snake Oil? Awesome gun??? show.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The last show that I went to was in Kenner about two years ago and haven't been to one since . The only thing that I bought was beef jerky .

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgt z View Post
    Wow! Did anyone checkout the price quotes for State Farm Insurance? And boy were those some nice handbags? Anyone else check out the Snake Oil? Awesome gun??? show.

Why are you making fun of State Farm insurance and what does it have to do with this thread?

Marksman

User Info Menu

State Farm had a booth at the gun show today.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what TRP's means.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5.0 View Post
    You didn't happen to see any TRP's out there did you?