Page 1 of 10 12 ... LastLast
    Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

SB118 Set for Final Passage in Senate. Constitutional Carry will need your help!

This particular Bill passed the Senate last night and is set for final passage.

Now is the time to call or email your Legislators!!! This Senate vote begins today at 4:00pm.

If passed without Amendments in the Senate TODAY, it goes to the House; and is set to become Law if not amended or voted down there!

Get on those messages!!!!!
    Last edited by Emperor; April 21st, 2021 at 10:01 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

According to the NRA, it passed by a 3-2 vote. The posted story didn't name who voted for or against, it but I'm guessing the two Democrats from NO and Baton Rouge voted against, and two Republicans didn't vote

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fugum View Post
    According to the NRA, it passed by a 3-2 vote. The posted story didn't name who voted for or against, it but I'm guessing the two Democrats from NO and Baton Rouge voted against, and two Republicans didn't vote
    There are only 2 democrats on that Judiciary Committee. Of course, that is the 2 against!

There may not be a better chance to get this done than this Session. The republicans are the clear majority across the board.

On a side note; when I hear democrats making excuses for why they are against this because of the negative impacts on the black community; what they are saying is; black Louisianans cannot govern themselves and are not responsible enough to have this Right.

One of the opponents (a black man representing the La. Sheriffs Assn), actually said; "I fear that 21 year old blacks in urban areas will be popping off with their guns!"

I actually thought to myself as I heard this; if I were there and could speak to these guys (Murphy Paul was there too), I would say; "Look, if you guys think that black Louisianans are too irresponsible to be able to control themselves with this Constitutional Right, then put forth an Amendment in the Bill to exclude them!"

It is maddening to hear this nonsense from these so-called black leaders and never hear black citizens stand up for themselves! Black citizens should be completely insulted by the shit these phony "leaders" spout in the name of "the black community."
    Last edited by Emperor; April 20th, 2021 at 08:36 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yep, same thing when they complain voter ID laws would mostly affect the black community. You'd think minorities would be appalled at the notion they're too dumb or lazy to get an ID on their own.

Marksman

Silver Member

User Info Menu

These good ole southern Democrats are playing the same old Jim Crow tune. The original gun control laws were targeted at black people. The GCA of 1968 was passed so that black people with even minor non-violent felonies could not legally own firearms. Just toss the Black Panther member in jail for whatever you want to charge him with and he can’t legally own a gun.
    Because of the early racist gun control laws, ownership of firearms is still being stigmatized in much of the Black community today.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Without getting into the racial ramifications of this issue, how likely is this to pass the senate and become law? I read where if enacted it could take effect August 1, that would be terrific.

Look, whatever blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Latinos do is their problem, screw it, I have been wanting to see this proposed for the last 10 years, now finally it's here with a real chance to become law so what can derail it and does it have a real chance?

This should have been enacted when Jindal was governor.
    Last edited by Peacemaker; April 20th, 2021 at 01:06 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
    Look, whatever blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Latinos do is their problem, screw it, I have been wanting to see this proposed for the last 10 years, now finally it's here with a real chance to become law so what can derail it and does it have a real chance?
    There's a few things that can derail it. RINO politicians that cower to the pearl-clutchers, and a Democratic governor that undoubtedly has his peers breathing down his neck.

I'd be most worried about John Bel vetoing it.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Great news that this has cleared the first hurdle! Get in touch with your State Senators and voice your support for this. Let’s put the pressure on these RINOs and Taco Behl-Edwards!

Marksman

Silver Member

User Info Menu

Our *Heroes* in the Louisiana Sheriff’s Association(one of the most powerful lobbyists in Louisiana) are a much bigger problem here than JBE. They tried to stop CC permits in the early 90’s and they have been fighting Constitutional Cary for several years. The LSA seems to have trouble remembering what century it is.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    Our *Heroes* in the Louisiana Sheriff’s Association(one of the most powerful lobbyists in Louisiana) are a much bigger problem here than JBE. They tried to stop CC permits in the early 90’s and they have been fighting Constitutional Cary for several years. The LSA seems to have trouble remembering what century it is.
    Thats why I keep saying next year, the 'old guard' at LSA is retiring this year