User Info Menu

Bass fishing

Anyone else chase the green fish?

Vexus AVX 1980 boat
    Dobyns rods/Flacon Rods
    Shimano reels
    Ultrex

Best 2 non tackle purchases Iíve ever made:
    Ninja blade for trolling motor. A must have for the amount of vegetation we have in our waters.
    A 1 gallon yeti rambler. Itís paid for itself in the time Iíve had it as I donít stop and buy drinks for fishing anymore. And itíll keep water ice cold all day.

Had a great day catching at Lake Okhissa this past Saturday.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Vexus seem to be nice boats, they keep saying they are going to build a larger bay boat

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have chased the elusive basses for some years now. So addicted that I built a waterfront home on Toledo Bend...LOL

Skeeter ZX250
    Yammy SHO 250 (Flashed to 340)
    Twin Talons
    Ultrex 112
    Humminbird Megas
    Lithium Pros
    ALL Shimano/G Loomis with Metaniums (1st gen) and MG 50s
    And about $500 grand worth of hard and soft bait...LOL!!

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGREEN View Post
    I have chased the elusive basses for some years now. So addicted that I built a waterfront home on Toledo Bend...LOL

Skeeter ZX250
    Yammy SHO 250 (Flashed to 340)
    Twin Talons
    Ultrex 112
    Humminbird Megas
    Lithium Pros
    ALL Shimano/G Loomis with Metaniums (1st gen) and MG 50s
    And about $500 grand worth of hard and soft bait...LOL!!
    Yea you have the sickness bad.
    I have a couple metaniums and chronarchs but In the past year I picked up a couple curado DC’s and while I wouldn’t use them for heavy duty applications I gotta say I’m a believer now. Great for light weight lures and casting into the wind.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Definitely a hobby where "You get what you pay for"... I have rebuilt and changed out bearings on MG50s a couple of times and can actually sell them online USED for MORE than I paid for them new. Actually lost a Metanium on a Cumara rod in the lake a couple of years ago in 15 feet of water. After a few return trips to try and fish it out I located it with my Mega Down Scan and went swimming for it when the lake went down. Had the reel professionally cleaned and Shimano swapped out the rod or a new Zodias. The reel is like new after almost 2 years underwater!

Marksman

User Info Menu

We love to bass fish. My oldest son is in Toledo Bend right now fishing. Him and some of his friends chose to go there and fish after his last day of Senior Year yesterday. Hopefully they can hook some good ones.
    SASS #84934

Marksman

User Info Menu

18ft 2003 Fishmaster
    115 Yamaha
    80lb Minn Kota
    Garmin Depth Finder/GPS that I can not figure out how to operate

Getting Lower Unit fixed right now... Braided line will eat up a lower seal.

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post
    18ft 2003 Fishmaster
    115 Yamaha
    80lb Minn Kota
    Garmin Depth Finder/GPS that I can not figure out how to operate

Getting Lower Unit fixed right now... Braided line will eat up a lower seal.
    Last 2 trips out I hooked someone’s braided line left behind and pulled it in. Got a nice frog on the first one and bullet weight and hook on the second one.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have had a few run-ins with line in the water. Most of the time you just need to change seals if you stay on top of things but it could be a LOT worse if you run the unit too hot. I had to literally LOL at "Garmin Depth Finder/GPS that I can not figure out how to operate"...Just when I figured out my last one around 80% a NEW and improved one came along and I have fought with it for 3 years...lol

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I just have a regular hummingbird si/di and I don’t know how many times I’ve had to *restore factory settings* from having so messed up. I try to tweak things to make it look better but end up making it worse.
    Recently installed a rigging board on the transom so I can move and make adjustments to the transducer. Trying to dial things in better.