Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast
    La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Derek Chauvin Guilty on All 3 Counts.

Former Minneapolis Police Department officer Derek Chauvin has been found guilty of all three counts, including unintentional second degree murder, third degree murder and second degree manslaughter in the death of George Floyd.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Good.

Marksman

User Info Menu

That is messed up! While I dont agree with what he did, I think his actions was stupid on his part. I dont think he is guilty of causing floyd's death. How can he be sentenced on three different charges? I see an appeal comming!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iomg8 View Post
    Good.

Really, why? Are you anti LEO? Just curious. floyd as viewed in many videos was stating "I cant breath". If he could not breath, there is in no way medically possible for him to be speaking!
    Last edited by flyboy; April 20th, 2021 at 04:45 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I dont think he is guilty of causing floyd's death. How can he be sentenced on three different charges? I see an appeal comming!
    I was wondering about the 3 counts as well. My best guess was that he meets (per the jury) the criteria for all 3 crimes but can only really be sentenced for the worst of the three and the other two were there to avoid having 3 separate trials.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iomg8 View Post
    Good.
    I have no opinion of what happened and have not followed much of that.

What I do know is that there will be riots regardless of the outcome. I also know that people burned down cities and destroyed businesses unrelated to the incident.

So as much as you may be pleased with the outcome of the trial, it's not "good."

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I figured guilty of manslaughter but not all 3.

Damn Yankee.

User Info Menu

When you make wrong doers heroes and good people demons you will have society fail.

The police have been demonized and called every name under the sun, and yet showed up for work every day to be targets to people that don't deserve to be called human. They've had targets on their backs for years and have to leave their families to protect ours, and we ask them to give us protection and peace 24 hours 7 days.

What do you tell these men and women behind the badge to step up every day and come to work handling all of society's ugliness?

Especially now, when after all training and all procedure will end up making you a criminal in the right camera angle.

If all LE stayed home tomorrow, all of these cop haters would lose everything. Home, neighborhood, local business, economy. And they'd deserve it.

Watching these Sharpton types stoking the fire makes me lose faith in mankind.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    I figured guilty of manslaughter but not all 3.
    That's what I was thinking as well. I'm not sure how the prosecution established intent, which is a key component of the 2nd degree murder charge.

That being said, I didn't listen to pretty much any of the trial. We have a justice system for a reason and a jury of his peers found the evidence sufficient to convict him of murder. While I might not necessarily agree with the charges, I do stand behind out justice system.

As for my personal opinion, for what it's worth, I think Chauvin messed up and his actions either directly or indirectly caused a guy to die. He had no reason to be kneeling on Floyd's neck once he was cuffed and was likely being a jerk representative of the "rotten apple" out of every group.

Both Chauvin and Floyd made bad decisions that day.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Really, why? Are you anti LEO? Just curious. floyd as viewed in many videos was stating "I cant breath". If he could not breath, there is in no way medically possible for him to be speaking!
    There is a difference between supporting the justice system and being anti-LEO.

I am very pro-LEO and am also very pro-justice system.

Chauvin made a really stupid decision that was in direct violation of his department's policy. He absolutely knew better and shouldn't have done what he did.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)