Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    There is a difference between supporting the justice system and being anti-LEO.

I am very pro-LEO and am also very pro-justice system.

Chauvin made a really stupid decision that was in direct violation of his department's policy. He absolutely knew better and shouldn't have done what he did.

Oh, I definitely agree that he made a very stupid decision. I was just asking why the poster felt that the verdict was "good" in his opinion. I did not mean to step on any toes what so ever. I was just asking for his opinion of why he felt "good" about the verdict.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

That's what I was thinking as well. I'm not sure how the prosecution established intent, which is a key component of the 2nd degree murder charge.

That being said, I didn't listen to pretty much any of the trial. We have a justice system for a reason and a jury of his peers found the evidence sufficient to convict him of murder. While I might not necessarily agree with the charges, I do stand behind out justice system.

As for my personal opinion, for what it's worth, I think Chauvin messed up and his actions either directly or indirectly caused a guy to die. He had no reason to be kneeling on Floyd's neck once he was cuffed and was likely being a jerk representative of the "rotten apple" out of every group.

Both Chauvin and Floyd made bad decisions that day.
    The prosecution didnít establish intent. They really didnít establish much. Iíd bet some people voted guilty because they had decided that before the trial, some because they were afraid of the repercussions against the city and against their family, and some may have actually believed he was guilty.

The verdict will be appealed and it wouldnít surprise me if the verdict is vacated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    The prosecution didn’t establish intent. They really didn’t establish much. I’d bet some people voted guilty because they had decided that before the trial, some because they were afraid of the repercussions against the city and against their family, and some may have actually believed he was guilty.

The verdict will be appealed and it wouldn’t surprise me if the verdict is vacated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely a possibility.

I just wonder how quickly it will come out that some of the jurors were watching the news or what not.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

Expert in the field of wife avoidance

User Info Menu

Definitely a possibility.

I just wonder how quickly it will come out that some of the jurors were watching the news or what not.
    Or how quickly it may come out that someone(s) voted guilty out of fear for themselves and their family.
    USPSA #A74215

Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Things like this are bad for law enforcement everywhere.

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Though I agree Floyd was not a good person, and that his own personal health contributed in his death (high blood pressure, blocked arteries, covid, fatal levels of drugs in his system) Chauvin wasn't 100% responsible for his outcome, but things could of been done differently.

As far as the verdict, he was sentenced well before the trial even started, with threats from BLM, media coverage condemning him, political representatives calling for his guilty sentence etc. The city giving his family 40 million dollars doesn't help the situation, well before any trial was set. That sets the precedent that they did something wrong, without even trying the person to see if they did do wrong.
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

Now the left is saying that this verdict is proof that riots work. Get ready, about to get worse!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thought he would be found guilty of manslaughter.I didn't keep up or watch any of it.But did see what happened and i just don't see murder.Didn't have to be that way but if Chavin wouldn't have done nothing Floyd was a dead man from a drug overdose.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Now the left is saying that this verdict is proof that riots work. Get ready, about to get worse!
    You're probably correct...good thing I don't live in one of those liberal cesspools that tolerates these types of "peaceful protests"

Marksman

Silver Member

User Info Menu

Retired JPSO Sheriff Newll Normand explained on his radio show today, hours before the verdict, that a defendant can be found guilty of all 3 of those charges under Minnesota state law. With that in mind, an appeal is not likely on those grounds.

On the other hand, miss big mouth Maxine Waters seems to forget what state she lives in and represents while she tries to tamper with the jury and incite a riot.

Anyone who has ever worked in a hospital(myself included) knows that when a person yells out that they can’t breathe, it means that they are actually having trouble breathing and simply don’t have the time to explain that. It is best to make sure that the persons airway is wide open, instead of leaving the airway obstructed. An EMT trained Firefighter tried to help, but was prevented from doing so by one of the officers on scene. The Firefighter will be back to testify at the next trial.