Marksman

User Info Menu

Uniform vest carrier ?

Summer is approaching and Im looking for a better way to wear my vest.

Ive seen some uniform outer carries like causeway PD. Just seeing what yall are using ?

My agency does not authorize outer tactical vest carrier, so it has to look like the uniform.

We use dark Navy blue for our color.

Thanks
    A lot has changed, but I still love my guns !

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eman2k5 View Post
    Summer is approaching and I’m looking for a better way to wear my vest.

I’ve seen some uniform outer carries like causeway PD. Just seeing what y’all are using ?

My agency does not authorize outer tactical vest carrier, so it has to look like the uniform.

Thanks
    I doubt you'll get too many responses here with worthwhile answers. I'm going to send you a PM.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eman2k5 View Post
    Summer is approaching and Im looking for a better way to wear my vest.

Ive seen some uniform outer carries like causeway PD. Just seeing what yall are using ?

Thanks
    I believe we used blauer armor skin for a while. Most of the guys wear a tactical style outer vest to put their extra mags, radio etc on. I have a safariland that was made to specifically fit my panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

I'm your huckleberry...

User Info Menu

Although I authorized my guys to wear the tactical carriers, I personally know that I am not SWAT and like the traditional look. I wear the Blauer FlexRS Armorskin uniform w/ external carrier and gun belt suspenders. VERY good stuff!

Stay Safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing in this post should be considered information posted in an official capacity. It is the authors personal opinion alone.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Although I authorized my guys to wear the tactical carriers, I personally know that I am not SWAT and like the traditional look. I wear the Blauer FlexRS Armorskin uniform w/ external carrier and gun belt suspenders. VERY good stuff!

Stay Safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same..
    "I have two guns, one for each of ya." - Doc Holliday

LEO

User Info Menu

My agency authorized Blauer Armorskin outer carrier over the base shirt as an option, but not requirement. Tactical nylon outer carriers (specific issued) are also authorized. I've been using the Blauer since authorized, and the main benefit in my opinion is the vest can be worn a little less tightly around your torso, and can be easily removed when at the station or if you can stop home for lunch. The other big plus is wearing the suspenders under it to take the weight of your duty rig onto your shoulders instead totally around your waist. I use the tactical version for storm days or whatnot, but not day to day. The Blauer is fairly durable as long as nothing on your belt rubs to closely and tightly against it, in which case it will get friction wear. If you have any exposed velcro, like on a CAT tourniquet in an open top carrier, that will eat a hole through the side stretch material in no time if positioned there. I replaced that carrier with one with a cover, and it's doing fine.